What's new

CSI: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Greg gets a promotion to field duty, so we'll get a replacement for Greg in the lab.

Will being almost fired from a top-rated show cause a drop-off in the acting department from George and Jorja?

Otherwise, can't remember any major dangling plotlines (except for the tired and played out father-daughter one with Catherine and Sam).

Steve Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
You forgot Sarah's drinking problem that popped up last season. Gil had to "bail" her out on the season ender.

Steve "Did you know that the CSI DVDs are great to watch on a cross-country plane trip?" Peterson

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, Lushy Sarah. She can't have anymore slip-ups, else she's toast because of the liability in crime cases and evidence gathering.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to tonight's premiere. The only thing that worries me is the prospect of having too many plotlines going at once. Gonna put this in spoilers as I am not sure how common knowledge this is.

From what I have read, there are going to be 4 murders, a proficiency test for the agents, an introduction of the new DNA tech and a bit on Sarah's drinking.

Looking forward to seeing Greg in more scenes and out in the field. I have grown to really like his character over the years and am happy to see him get a promotion.

James T

Screenwriter
So to keep the "fired" cast members, they're cutting out 2 characters?
I'm refering to Krycek or whatever Nicholas Lea's name in CSI is. And Reiko Aylesworth doesn't look like she's staying long either or was her character's hiring and Greg getting promoted plan B for the fired cast members

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The humor bits at the start and end of the episode fell somewhat flat, but at least they are trying some levity.

Loved how Shondra had the hots for Warrick, but kept her distance from Eads. So will Shondra be back or not?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I thought the humor was quite refreshing...

"Hey grissom you got something stuck on the bottom of your shoe... oh its sanders" :laugh:

i didnt like the flashy 'dramatic' quick cuts during the interrogation of the stripper's boyfriend and the club owner.

Really rootin' for greg to get on the field...

Good episode, nothing really amazing though, just another solid CSI episode.

Also, i would've liked to see more of Sarah's situation... in future episodes i suppose

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Boy, Catherine sure knows how to pick 'em, doesn't she? :)

The Greg thing could not be a plan "B" for Eads and Fox, because that was in the works all last season (really since Greg was introduced) - long before the hiatus and the start of shooting on the current season, when they seem to have attempted a hold-out.

I believe the new trace lab tech will be back next week - having her seem overwhelmed and ready to quit is probably just a way to make her introduction more dramatic and wring a little suspense out of Greg's promotion.

Regards,

Joe

Cindy V

Agent
John_Lee Sarah: "You're late."
Eads: "I'm late!?!"

I could not beleive they put that in. I did a double take at the TV when I heard that. Kinda cute and balsy for the network to make fun/light of the situation.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
"Hey grissom you got something stuck on the bottom of your shoe... oh its sanders"

That made me laugh. :D

Sarah: "You're late."
Eads: "I'm late!?!"

THAT just made me howl. Well done. :D

I enjoyed French Stewart's performance. Almost didn't know it was him.

I just wanted to smack Nicholas Lea's character. "What did you expect? I own a nightclub." Nice.

All in all, it was a solid episode.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Although I didn't care for the multiple edits of people's faces within a closeup, I liked the episode. BUT I am getting a little weary of the old "the guy would still be alive if..." angle they drag out almost every other episode.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
When I heard the "you're late...I'm late" comment I also did a double take. I wasn't sure if they were having a self aware moment or not. It was still very funny though.
All in all a pretty good episode. Not spectacular but then how many seson premieres really are?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

Yeah, that was a little hacky and overstyled for this show.

Can someone explain the "You're late. I'm late?" joke? I stopped reading that other thread after a few posts.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Best accidental humor:

"Their second call was to 911. The first was to Dan Rather...."

:)

(No politics, please, just pointing out a line that becomes unintentionally hilarious in the context of recent events. ;))

Regards,

Joe

GARY C

Second Unit

It goes back to Eads not showing up for the first day of shooting as part of a money grab, the studio said no and fired him, he said that he only slept in and was not trying to re-negotiate.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

I'm sure it was. As was Sara's confessional in the mirror when she said something about "making the stupidest decision of her life" over the summer.

Although the plotlines pretty much fizzled out at the end, the multiple plotlines is why I enjoy CSI over it's spinoffs -- the shows are dense, allowing less room for slack character stuff. There just isn't time to allow cast members to indulgently look off pensively to show how tortured they are. Yuck.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
After watching NY and it's washed out gritty look, CSI looked 'normal' by comparison.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Actually she said something about making the stupidest mistake of her life, not "decision". The whole speech was a necessary reference to her drunk-driving near-arrest at the end of last season and I suspect it would have gone pretty much the same way even if there hadn't been any salary dispute because the situation with the character, not the actor, required it.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks