What's new

Adire Extemis 6 Specs / Designs (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
http://www.adireaudio.com/TextPages/...eFrameText.htm

Fs 30 Hz
Qms 2.54
Qes .383
Qts .332
Vas 33.2 liters
SPL 86 dB @ 1W, 1m
Power 100W RMS/300W Peak
BL 9 N/A
Xmax 13mm one way
Sd 140 cm2
Vd 364 cm³
Le 0.13 mH
Re 7.02 Ohms

Currently on Pre-order...

Can this 8 ohm driver be used in an MTM, or does a 4 ohm driver work better for a MTM?

Any chances for Adire to offer some reference designs (like the MTM with a ribbon tweeter from CES)?

Seth_L

Screenwriter

Well, I was unsure if the drivers in an MTM are normally put in parallel or series.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Seth,

It'll work fine in parallel for a final 4 ohm load.

James,

It's called the HE12.1...:D

Robert,

Good things come to those who wait! Won't say when, but tweeters are on our screen...

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dan,

I ran your suggested 21L/33HZ Fb design into Unibox and got the following graphs.

I have 2 questions:
1) Isn't the port too small?

2) Doesn't the driver run out of excursion at low frequencies (as it unloads below the tuning frequency)? Is this something to worry about with full range speakers, or are the graphs not correct?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Dan, quick question if you are still reading these. I was reading about the size of the motor. It is tiny! Do you know what the mounting depth of the Extremis 6 is compared to the Koda 6?

The extremis sounds like something I'd like put in my car. I have a 2002 Dodge Neon. I think the woofers on the side are 6 1/2 inches and I wouldn't mind having the woofers stick out a little. I just dont know the depth of these new mids.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Seth,

A straight 2" port is too small. That's why we spec'd a 2" flared port. Like the ones we'll soon carry from Precision Sound Products. Chuffing isn't an issue.

Can you bottom the driver below tuning? Yeah, you can. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise, I can do that with a Shiva or Tumult, too...;) These are very wide range drivers, but they still have limits. So if you want them for complete full-range use, you may need to look at doing an MMT or MTM. But 100W down at 25-26 Hz is a LOT of power for any < 10" driver.

Of course, getting 100+ dB SPL (closer to 107-108 dB SPL in-room) from a single driver at 30 Hz is pretty cool...:D

Scott,

I don't remember what the depth is exactly, but it's in the Adire Driver Size guide (in the Tech Section of our website). I think it's around 3.75", but don't hold me to that...:)

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio:D

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Thanks Dan for refering me to a source for the size of the extremis. I didnt think you had it on there yet.

Here is the size of the extremis compared to a Koda 6:
(first is extremis, then koda 6)

Overall Diameter:7" E6
6.59" K6
Cutout Diameter:5.7875" E6
5.65" K6
Overall Height:3.875" E6
3.125" K6
Motor Height:1.65" E6
1.25" K6
Motor Diameter:2.76" E6
4.5" K6
Mounting Depth:3.75" E6
2.875"K6
Driver Weight:4 lbs for both

Sweet. Now I just need to get some measurements of the driver sizes for my car.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dan,

Thanks for the answers. I want to build a pair of these to be my PC speakers. I was thinking to try them with no sub at first, and then add a sealed tempest to them if I want more oomph. But, know my bent for crazyness I'll probably just build the sealed Tempest from the start. :D After all I wouldn't want to lose any content below 30Hz. Hehe ;)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dan,

Any ideas when those 2" Flared ports and reference designs will be available?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Seth,

I am sure that the reference designs will be available in time for the Extremis 6 shipping.

As for the 2 inch port. Here is one from parts express. It should be the exact same thing.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
What can I say...

I'm impatient...

I've got my two Extremis 6 on order and I'm ready to make some uber heavy 1.5" thick MDF cabinets :D

GrahamT

Supporting Actor

Me too. :) Last time Dan said he was still looking at tweeters for an MT. Morel, Hiquphon, and a Peerless or two and the like. I'm hoping that he picks something in the $20-50 ish each range.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
"I'm hoping that he picks something in the $20-50 ish each range. "

That may not be possible unless we wait for Adire's own design of tweeter. I mean, if the midwoofer is that good, it wouldn't make sense to pair it with a $40 tweeter. Didn't Dan say the XT25 wasn't good enough? :)

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
"Didn't Dan say the XT25 wasn't good enough?"

Yes, but he did say he likes the Peerless which fits my budget nicely.:D

Dan said a couple weeks ago:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks