What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (2 Viewers)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Well, things have definately changed at the old 15th Squad. We got a former member of the rat squad for a boss, there to clean up a "rogue squad", John has a drinking problem, someone is seeking revenge on Andy, and a new blond detective who Rita hates (probably because John was flirting with her).

I know they are trying to rap up the show this season, but I was sitting there thinking, "I don't want to see Andy go out like this." Hopefully, they won't have the conflict with the boss all season.

Let Andy have some happiness, already. Let him retire on top!

Any other thoughts?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I almost feel sorry for the writers. Sipowitz is the most interesting when he's being put through the wringer, but after all these seasons they're running out of wringers. Even the conflict-with-a-new-boss plot has been played in the past. Maybe this time, though, it won't work itself out (as it did with Rodriguez).

I almost don't care which way they go with Andy. I just want a final season that's up to Blue's best standards, which last year was certainly not.

M.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I think the season can be bright with the conflict with the new C.O. However i'm not sold on this new female detective. She comes across a little boring. I wonder why they didn't bring back the blonde from last year that replaced Connie?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I think I'm going through Connie withdrawls,lol! This new female detective looks and acts like she's got alot_ to learn about working with seasoned detectives who have had years of dealing with the dredges of society. The P A B stuff Andy's getting hassled with,mark my word,sometime this season, it will backfire on whoever is doing it. As for John's drinking, it's only a matter of time before that blows up in his face. Andy was right on when he was telling John about his drinking and carousing,eventually you get that reality check that gets your attention like a cold end of a wet fist. I kinda got the feeling Andy's talking from experience.You can tell he really cares about John and is hurt. It will be interesting to see how the D.A. handles the new chief's ideas on who and how to prosecute.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I think one of the points of this plotline is that Sipowicz has come full circle (though he has filled this type of role a couple times already in the past). Gossler is playing Franz's character of Season 1 and Franz is plaing Caruso's. Just my opinion.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

Interesting observation, Jim. I hadn't thought about it that way.

My guess is that P A B has got to be that one uniform guy who slept with the teenage police cadet. He's got it in for Sipowicz.

TNT is playing the episodes where Connie first starts to open up with Andy, and they start getting together. I really enjoyed those episodes.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Wow Ken,thanks alot, that was a great link ! Alan not only writes a fantastic review,he also follows it up with alot more. Reminded me of all the extras you get on your dvds,lol! I recommend everyone who enjoys NYPD Blues to check Alan's site out.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
So, this week, Andy and John get one day suspensions for not keeping the boss informed, and John is heading down the road of self distruction, by sleeping with a suspect.

Andy loses his fish, and accuses Hatcher. Is he or isn't he???

This may be a good season afterall!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With this being Blue's last season. I thought it would be cool if Caruso made a cameo appearance. It could be something to tie up the show. I know that the producers might still be pissed at Caruso. But, it would definitely be a great ratings gimmick.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Last episode, I was enjoying Blue.

Last night, one of the lamest ones I've seen.

No forward movement in anything in the ongoing plot. John is still screwing up. Andy is still searching out the person after him. The Lt. is still a "by the book" a$$hole. Rita and the blond are still having trouble getting along.

I kept waiting for something to happen. It was fun seeing Fraker, but I wanted to see something.

Let's hope they start moving on some of the storylines.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
In the previews for next weeks(11/2) episode. Detective Simone (Jimmy Smits) returns, albeit as a figment of Det.Sipowitz's imagination. Looks very interesting. Just wondering how they will be airing the episode on election night.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Looks like the major networks are doing election stuff instead of the regular programming. So this episode won't be until the week after. With an extra week of promos, it might kick up the audience a bit.

They just finished playing the first season in four or five hour blocks late night on TNT. Good stuff. I wonder if they can get John Kelly to make a final visit :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That would actually pretty cool if everyone concerned could check their egos at the door, behave like grown-ups and think of both the fans and an over-all arc and closure for the series. But this being Hollywood, Hell would freeze over before any of the above took place. Maybe an excuse can be found for Sip to speak to John Kelly (on a case in Miami? :)) by phone before the season ends. I have a theory about who is behind the harrassment of Sip that would actually make that plausible, but we'll have to see.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks