Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Best Buy's IT Department: Idiots.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Thomas D

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator

• 108 posts

Posted September 21 2004 - 08:01 AM

Lunch hour on the west coast. Tuesday is new media day. Not only that, but this Tuesday is when the Star Wars trilogy is released on DVD, making it probably the largest video release day of all time.

Sounds like a good time to remotely upgrade all of the software on Best Buy's cash registers, right?

If you said "yes", you're probably in charge of Best Buy's IT Department.

A buddy of mine just got back from the local BB -- he's in line with about twenty other people clutching silver and black boxes, waiting for one of the half-dozen registers that are open for the lunch crowd. That's when the cries began. "I need a manager!" "My register's down!" "Mine too!" "Manager on six!"

Luckily I picked my box set up at 11:30.
Visit Planet Earth (and other tourist traps), my daily webcomic! Just one of the many comics offered by The Nice.

#2 of 4 JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted September 21 2004 - 12:09 PM

Wow, Bravo on that one.

#3 of 4 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,507 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 22 2004 - 03:52 AM

Lunch hour on the west coast. Tuesday is new media day. Not only that, but this Tuesday is when the Star Wars trilogy is released on DVD, making it probably the largest video release day of all time.

Sounds like a good time to remotely upgrade all of the software on Best Buy's cash registers, right?

If you said "yes", you're probably in charge of Best Buy's IT Department.

Wow. It takes a special kind of manager to plan that one. I can't even imagine.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#4 of 4 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted September 22 2004 - 11:50 AM

I have a lot of trouble with Best Buy's website also. I often, but for some reason not always, get a page telling me that my cookies aren't set. Except that they are; no other site gives me this message. So I go somewhere else.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV