-

Photo
- - - - -

The Twilight Zone-Update?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

#21 of 154 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 03:00 AM

I wonder why there isn't an announcement, if it is indeed coming out in December? That's just three months away...

#22 of 154 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 04:12 AM

Image usually announces stuff about 2 months in advance. If you go to their website (http://www.image-entertainment.com) you can see they only have their November releases listed, and nothing for Dec.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#23 of 154 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 11:37 AM

Paul Brownstein rules!!! Hell yes! My favorite show is going to look beautiful? I couldn't be more excited for these five sets.

#24 of 154 ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 11:52 AM

I hope both versions of the pilot and "Eye of the Beholder"/"A Private World of Darkness" are included, since they were on the older release.

#25 of 154 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 12:54 PM

I agree... in fact, I hope ALL the extras are included in the new sets, since I just sold my entire 45-disc collection! If not, I suppose I can simply rebuy a few of the earlier discs.... the Mike Wallace interview is priceless, not to mention Serling's sponsor pitch film. Hey Stephen (or Paul), d'ya think these items will be included in the new sets?

#26 of 154 Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the info, Steven!

The original negatives most likely include the original bumpers, next-episode promos and sponsor end credits. I hope they leave these in!
-Jay

#27 of 154 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 02:41 PM

Agreed on the Mike Wallace Interview. Priceless vintage television. The pitch film should almost be a sure bet for the season 1 set. It's a pretty grand extra.

#28 of 154 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 03:02 PM

I was talking to a friend the other day, and he was lamenting the eight months he has to wait for the next Star Wars movie. Here we are, only three months from the season 1 Twilight Zone set, and it feels like forever.

Don't forget... this Saturday (October 2) marks the 45th anniversary of the show's debut! I'll be watching "Where Is Everybody?", then heading to Eugene for an Oregon Ducks game. Posted Image

#29 of 154 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,212 posts

Posted September 27 2004 - 03:37 PM

Great news indeed. I've been waiting for this.

In reading the above post containing Mr. Pickard's comments, I can't help but wonder when the Hi-Def material will be used for the actual Hi-Def DVD's? In one year, 2 years? Can't be too long off?

Nelson

#30 of 154 Stephen PI

Stephen PI

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 02:28 AM

Craig Beam:
Or are you bound by a silence order until the season one set is officially announced?

Hi Craig, I am indeed bound by a silence order!

Craig:
Hey Stephen (or Paul), d'ya think these items will be included in the new sets?

Supplements are Paul's department which I can't comment on.
Sorry.
Steve Pickard

#31 of 154 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted September 28 2004 - 12:50 PM

If you guys (Stephen and Paul) find yourselves in Portland, Oregon anytime soon.... drinks are on me! Posted Image

#32 of 154 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted October 08 2004 - 03:42 PM

Twilight Zone: Season One (Definitive Edition) is announced!

Posted Image

Quote:
The complete first season of Rod Serling's classic, groundbreaking series exploring the fantastic and the frightening. Episodes include: Where Is Everybody?, One for the Angels, Mr. Denton on Doomsday, Sixteen Millimeter Shrine, Walking Distance, Escape Clause, The Lonely, Time Enough at Last, Perchance to Dream, Judgment Night, And When the Sky Was Opened, What You Need, The Four of Us Are Dying, Third from the Sun, I Shot an Arrow into the Air, The Hitch-Hiker, The Fever, The Last Flight, The Purple Testament, Elegy, Mirror Image, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street, A World of Difference, Long Live Walter Jameson, People Are Alike All Over, Execution, The Big Tall Wish, A Nice Place to Visit, Nightmare as a Child, A Stop at Willoughby, The Chaser, A Passage for Trumpet, Mr. Bevis, The After Hours, The Mighty Casey, A World of His Own

Product Features:
Audio Format: Mono
Screen Format: Full Frame
16x9: No
Color: B&W
Region Code: Region 1
Original Languages: English
English Dubbed: No
Other Languages: None
Subtitles: None
Special Features:
6-Disc Set; Stunning Brand-New Transfers! Remastered from new high-definition film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks; Audio Commentaries by Earl Holliman, Martin Landau, Rod Taylor, Martin Milner, Kevin McCarthy, Ted Post and William Self; Vintage Audio Recollections with Burgess Meredith, Douglas Heyes, Richard L. Bare, Buck Houghton, Anne Francis and Richard Matheson; Rod Serling Audio Lectures from Sherwood Oaks College; Isolated Music Scores featuring the legendary Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith and more; Rod Serling Promos for "Next Week's" Show; Original Unaired Pilot Version of "Where is Everybody?" with Rod Serling's Network Pitch; Rare Rod Serling Blooper.

#33 of 154 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted October 08 2004 - 05:07 PM

The next two-and-a-half months are gonna take forever. Oh my god, I'm giggling like a schoolgirl over here! Twenty-plus years of Twilight Zone obsession, coupled with six-plus years of DVD collecting, have led me here, to this wonderous point in time.

And now the inevitable question... WHICH episodes will feature isolated scores??????

#34 of 154 Dave Jessup

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted October 08 2004 - 05:11 PM

Confirmation of details confirms I'll be hearing a cash register "ka-ching" on 28 December or thereabouts.

Between new transfers and the goodies like Serling's audio lectures, isolated scores, et al - this'll be as much fun as my work with the Serling Archives from '79 to '81. Only thing missing, I guess, will be the commercials (Oasis Cigarettes... Kimberly-Clarke... Chesterfields and "twenty-one great tobaccos / make twenty wonderful smokes" {yeah, right}). Miles easier than threading a delicate 16mm print up to run, too. Posted Image

#35 of 154 Rodney

Rodney

Supporting Actor

• 522 posts

Posted October 09 2004 - 03:47 AM

This sounds awesome! I waited on the box sets, hoping they would create new transfers for this wonderful show. The extras sound great. Definitely a must buy!
-Rodney

#36 of 154 Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

• 1,167 posts

Posted October 09 2004 - 04:29 AM

Not for me. I spent a considerable amount six months ago to buy all five boxed sets and I will not double dip no matter how many extras there are until at the very least, all five seasons are out. One reason why I wanted to get all five boxed sets earlier this year was the desire to be able to watch any episode from the run in an unct form *right now* and the release schedule indicates that having all five seasons in this new format would require waiting a whole year at minimum. If that means spending $500 in early 2006 to get all five at once, I'd rather do that then get rid of what I have right now that lets me see all episodes whenever I like.

#37 of 154 William0

William0

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted October 09 2004 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
That's how I feel about the announcement of the newly updated DVD releases of the both versions of the Twilight Zone with NO SUBTITLES AVAILABLE!

Back in the spring and several times afterward, I sent them email to request the subtitles/closed captions for their upcoming DVD releases. They did not respond promptly however they did mentioned that they sent my messages to the production dept and they will consider the option for the future releases. Apparently my email has gone to the trash or fell on their deaf ears.

Image Entertainment has failed to entertain the WHOLE audience and they should NOT have the right to OWN the rights of Twilight Zone Enterprise because they are in the same caliber of I Love Lucy, Star Trek and the likes. Small companies like Image should not own the classic tv shows at all. I find that a big ironic that the most recent version of TZ (New Line) and Night Gallery (Universial) have subtitles, so now what does this tell you? I bet Rod Serling is boiling mad right now because TZ was his baby and he wanted to make sure that it's in good hands. I feel like I am in the episode - "Where is Everybody?" - Can anyone out there to find a solution to this ignorance?

It's not my fault that I have hearing loss, I was born with it. I always watch TV or movies with closed captions or subtitles. Hope that you understand my point of view on this issue.

#38 of 154 Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,814 posts

Posted October 09 2004 - 06:31 AM

I don't believe I will be double dipping on this. As much as I would love to see the extras, its just not worht the expense. Kudos to you folks that believed they would finally release season sets.

However, I am very anxious for the release of season one on the 80's version of TZ. I felt that many of those stories were classics in their own right.

The less said about the UPN version the better!

Ric

#39 of 154 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted October 09 2004 - 01:14 PM

William0,

I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised. I can't think of a single Image release that comes with subtitles or captioning. I would assume that they don't see the financial benefit to include subtitles/captions on their releases. A&E is a company with a similar viewpoint on them, and I'm sure there are others.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#40 of 154 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,243 posts

Posted October 10 2004 - 08:44 AM

I side with William0 on this issue. While I always prefer subtitles/captioning I can understand if a small label can't afford to put them on most of their releases.

However this release, the third go around for this series, is clearly a "special" event and has already gotten much publicity. Sales will be very high (by Image standards) for this release.

On an otherwise exemplary set, it would have been nice if Image had gone the exta mile to add subtitles.

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy