What's new

any opinions yet on Mr. Show? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
...the most anticipated DVD collection of all time? Of course, I'm talking about Mr. Show season 4. Mine just got shipped so I'll proabably have it over the weekend. Anybody have any opinions on it yet? Specifically, the special features.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Is this even out yet? This week's entertainment weekly has an ad stating "available now"- so I assumed it came out last Tuesday, the 14th (since the mag came out last week on the 16th- I didn't figure they'f put "available now" unless it was available).

I searched stores this weekend, and again today- and no luck.

-V

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
It was supposed to come out today. I didn't do an extensive scan of e-tailers, but Amazon has it in-stock.

As far as the extras go, if you don't mind me quoting from my own DVD review (I'm always skittish about linking to my reviews since I don't want to be accused of pimping my own links):

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I picked it up yesterday at Tower in Seattle and have already watched all the extra content and watched all the episodes with commentary.

I think Season 4 was there strongest season by far. If you liked the commentaries on the previous two boxes you'll love these too. The Comic Relief clip (Naked Improv) was hilaarious. The blooper real is funny but don't play it around kids or the easily offended.

I only wish there were more seasons to look forward to. At least there is more SCTV and Kids In The Hall on the way.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I got it with Star Wars yesterday and watched the first episode. It had been awhile since i had seen these but I think the writing is a bit weaker than the other three. I'll have to see the other nine before I decide.

There's a new extra called 'a grand reunion' that looks like digital video of everyone at Bob's house. It's pretty funny but only three minutes (and did Bob lose a lot of hair!)

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I easily found my copy yesterday on release day.

I've always found Season 4 to be Mr. Show's strongest. They truly went out on top.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i liked th e one where the rock stars made a gay video, but kept saying they weren't gay

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i bought the first three seasons of mr show on a blind buy from the for sale section of the htf, since i am a fan of sketch comedy. i still like the upright citizens bridade more than everything, but i think mr show is brilliant. i've only seen what is on the dvds, so season 4 will be new to me. and i cant wait to get it! see you guys later, i'm going to go make a sandwich with some mustmayostardayonnaise.

CJ

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I used to watch it on occassion in about 2000 after it was cancelled on HBO. The only ep I really remember was the "Taint" episode and that was awesome. So, this final season set is a must for me. By the way, the commentaries are very fun for the first 3 seasons, I recommend them.

Ryan

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
anyone having problems with mr show season 4? my disc looks pretty clean, but in the middle of episode 2 (when wycked sceptre is watching their "party" tape), my disc starts to stutter, then skips ahead a few minutes. i still have the receipt, so i'll have to make another trip to best buy to swap. so far i've only seen the first 2 episodes of season 4, and they were hilarious. "well then, dude, suck that sh*t!"

CJ

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I'm not always into Mr. Show, but the duelling grocery stores sketch is one of the funniest things I ever saw on a sketch comedy show. "Good food. No rats. That's the Fairsley difference!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks