What's new

XM Equipment Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Hey, I am looking at getting into XM pretty soon... My fiancee has been complaining she doesn't get good radio reception on her trip to work any more (we've moved, and the tuner in her '01 Impala is surprisingly bad) and I am interested in O&A and some other good stuff XM has to offer.

I don't really want to get into permanantly installing anything if possible.
The 2 setups would be:

1. 2001 Chevrolet Impala, she has the factory CD/Cass/AM-FM Setup, so something with a tape or FM adapter would have to be in order (i hear the tape adapters generally sound better than FM though). The ability to bring it out of the car and into her office would also be a plus. She has a boombox there, so if she can get a power adapter she could even probably just pop the tape adapter into her boombox.

2. 2001 Dodge Dakota, will probably mostly be used in my office or house. At home hooked into a stereo, at work either on it's own speakers or something like a small pair of computer speakers. Though my commute is only 2 miles, I spend a lot of other time in the car, especially on weekends, and would like to be able to hook it in to my car stereo. I have a JVC CD player with 1/8" stereo input in the front, I'd like to use that over an FM adapter if possible.

I'm going to back to my night job at BestBuy pretty soon and want to take advantage of my discount! :)
Any suggestions?

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I really like my Roady 2, but if you can hold out for a little longer the SkiFi 2 is being released that will have time shifting abilities.

Read more about it here .

RomanSohor

Second Unit
30 munite time-shifting seems nice, but I think my fiancee will strictly use hers for music, and I think Opie and Anthony will be re-run ad nauseum on their channel, so not mnuch of a need to time shift there...now if ther was 15-20 gigs of space to do some deecnt archiving...that would be awesome! :) I was looking at the Roady2 today at BestBuy and it looks like it might be a solution for both of us... I will just need to get an AC adapter for them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks