Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

receiver onkyo/denon/panny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 perry web

perry web

Stunt Coordinator

• 64 posts

Posted September 20 2004 - 04:00 AM

I am replacing an old receiver, onkyo txsv454 and I had decided on the Panny he100k but then started looking around. I just bought a new dvd player, panny DVD-F87K (in the mail) and thought "if I am going to tear apart my system to replace the dvd player, I might as well upgrade the receiver". If I am going to $100, I should just go ahead and spend $400.....my wife hates my logic.

I use my system 40% TV, 40% movies, 10% music and 10% xbox with movie sound being what I care the most about most. My speakers are all klipsch ref. 3II

I have narrowed it down to these options, and yes I did read and search this forum. That is how I got these.

Denon AVR-684 $218 reconditioned
Denon AVR-1604 $259
I read here that these are the same just different warranties...

Onkyo TX-SR502 $209 reconditioned or $249 new.

Harman Kardon AVR 130-Z $231

Panasonic SA-HE100K $229

I have had good experience w/ Onkyo and my Yamaha. I left Yamaha off the list because I had to trim something off... Overstock. com has a bunch but there model numbers make no sense to me and the Yamaha website sucks. I could not find out which is the older model and which is the higher end model so I got frustrated and removed them all.

As you can tell my budget is under $250.

SO, I would love to hear anybodies and everybody's input on these receivers so I can narrow down the list to just one.....

thank you in advance