Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Dracula 1978

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 BillyH

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted September 19 2004 - 06:28 PM

I see in WSR that the 1978 Dracula is again being issued on DVD. Boy was my last copy a dissapointment. Way too gray, my old VHS copy was way more colorful. Someone here said that it was an artisic choice to make the old DVD into almost a black and white flick. Does anyone know anything about the new release? This is one of my all time favorite flicks. I do not mind B&Ws if they are supposed to be that way, but this movie had some great shots that realy used color well.

#2 of 6 Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister

Producer

• 4,148 posts

Posted September 19 2004 - 08:23 PM

"Does anyone know anything about the new release?"

Yes...look into my mirror. Deeper. Deeeeeeper. Yes, you are growing drowsy. You are now under my power, Van Helsing...you will now go and buy me 50 lottery tickets - and Valt Disney's Ugly Dachsund! I love it when the leetle puppies make trouble! Children of the night! Shaped like leetle sausages!

#3 of 6 Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,124 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted September 20 2004 - 10:48 AM

Count Rister, ladies and gentlemen [sporadic clapping, a few boos].

Ernest are you contracted to mention the mouse of house in every post you post? Posted Image

As for Dracula 78, was this a prequel to Dracula 79 starring whatsisname? Posted Image

Hmmm maybe someone should resurrect the old Drac79 thread, might give us a few clues.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#4 of 6 Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted September 20 2004 - 11:16 AM

For what it's worth, on the Dracula '79 laser disc(widescreen), colours were muted almost to the point of being black and white. I've always wondered about that. If it was an artistic decision, I'd be curious about the reason.

#5 of 6 Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted September 21 2004 - 09:32 AM

Take a look at the other thread Blaine...all will be answered over there.

#6 of 6 Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted September 22 2004 - 06:44 AM

Thanks, Will. I missed the other thread somehow but a quick search found it.

Dracula "79