What's new

New Anchor Bay in 2005 - "FREAKED"!! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Anchor Bay Entertainment, which just recently finalized a new distribution deal with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, has announced a number of new titles for release throughout 2005. These include:

The Beastmaster: Divimax Special Edition
The British War Collection
Crime Story: Season Two (Fall 2005)
Dead & Breakfast
Death Hunt
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry
The Ealing Comedy Collection
Eyewitness
Freaked (finally and with tons of extras - summer 2005)
Free Enterprise (new transfer and new extras)
The Pirate Movie
Race With the Devil
Return to the Batcave
The Specials
and Turk 182!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Awesome, awesome, awesome. This is one of my most awaited titles. I hope it's Alex Winter's preferred cut.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
That's a solid list of cult movies there. I'm sure fans of Crime Story and The Pirate Movie will be pleased. The inclusion of Beastmaster as a Divimax special edition is a little odd, though, as the previous edition was pretty good. Ah well, a little double-dipping is okay as long as they're getting new titles.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
A big :emoji_thumbsup: to the Ealing Comedy and British War collections.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Saw this news last night, and was very pleased. I've been dying to have the great Race with the Devil on DVD fpor years now, and its very nice to see that AB is releasing it, as well as putting together some extras. I also look forward to Death Hunt, which I haven't seen in ages, but remember liking. All the rest of the titles are of no interest though.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Being a huge Bronson fan, DEATH HUNT was among my most wanted titles on DVD. I must have watched this film eight or nine times a couple years ago within a month because AMC was showing it every other day. I can't wait to see it uncut and in widescreen.

Hopefully Fox will throw the Chan films AB's way.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure all of the good people at EES (Everything Except Shoes) are happy that Freaked is finally coming to DVD.

As for myself I will finally be able to retire my laserdisc copy.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Click here for some details regarding a chat between The Horror Channel and Anchor Bay's Michael Felsher. DVDs on the way include Malevolence, Dead & Breakfast, The Card Player, Freaked, Cemetery Man SE, Trauma SE, Quicksilver Highway, Class of 1984, Bad Dreams, Visiting Hours, Damnation Alley, Romero's Season of the Witch and The Entity.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Seems like a good list. I'm not sure what else could be put on Free Enterprise; Pioneer's DVD was pretty packed. Maybe the film itself will get some new exposure.

Seriously, any sci-fi fan should check this film out. It's certainly not a perfect film, but it was made by and for true sci-fi geeks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks