What's new

Future Shop.ca - no responsibility for incorrect info (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
For the past several weeks Future Shop.ca has listed one version of the new THX 1138 disc. The details clearly stated it was the two disc set, and listed all the extras. The day after street (and shipping my order) they added a second listing for the 2 disc set, and replaced all the original info making it the single disc version. Their only available recourse is to cancel the original, lower priced order, and ship the more expensive one.

:thumbsdown:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I should add that FS will also simply refund my money if I return the wrong item, but after two days from when I requested an RMA, all I have received is notice that they will be issuing one, and so far, they are indicating that I am going to be dinged with the return shipping charge, even though it was their mistake.

:thumbsdown:

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Call the customer support line... that is crap. Do you have a print out of the original description? I'm sure they will accomodate you

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I have a printout of the original order, which clearly indicates all the special features, and lists it as a two disc set. I called when I got my shipping notice and told them what had happened, and the girl who I spoke to said they wouldn't ship me the right one unless I paid the extra $7 for the newly listed 2 disc set. They don't care about blatently false information on their website, they just change it. What they should have done is contact anyone with preorders (since it was the only available disc to order until the day after street) and offered to either cancel the order and ship the proper disc, or simply cancel the order, NOT ship a product they know is not what anyone ordered.

But wait, it gets better. It has taken 5 days for them to issue an RMA, in which they tell me to return the product by Purolater - there is no indication they will cover this shipping cost, and no preprinted label like Amazon uses. The cost to return ship this $17.99 DVD is $15.26. I am awaiting a reply on whether they will accept the shipment collect or not.

This has to be one of the worst companies I have had to deal with over a return. :thumbsdown:

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Like I said, I would try giving them another call, or dropping into a store since I think they can deal with online returns/exchanges.

I have never purchased anything on line from them, but I do buy some software and computer parts there occasionally and they have always been reasonably good about returns, and always find ways of making it right when they blatently screw up.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Update: The DVD was returned on the 27th, received by them on the 29th. To date I still haven't received a refund. They did gove me their courier account number, but offered no apology for the incorrect listing.

There is no store within 150 miles of here.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Update 2: I contacted them on Oct 10, which was 10 days after Purolator had delivered my return, and I had still not received a refund.

Their reply:
"It takes 7-10 business days to receive the item and 7-10 to have the credit applied to your credit card."

Their returns office is on the other side of the country. Shipping by Purolator takes 4 days (shipped on the 27th, they got it on the 1st). It is now 14 days since my disc was returned and still no refund.

buyers beware.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Update 3: Oct 18 and still no refund. Their phone support tried to tell me it could take 6-8 weeks for a refund - for a product they screwed up on in the first place!

I'm supposed to call back in two days if I still haven't gotten my refund. Unbelievable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks