Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Movie: Chrome

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 08:26 PM

What is this movie "Chrome" about?

http://www.pendragon...m/CRMtrlr1.html

I have heard nothing about it but it certainly looks different.

Note - download takes a while (56k modem users may have a long wait)
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Vlad D

Vlad D

Screenwriter

• 1,078 posts

Posted September 18 2004 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
I have heard nothing about it but it certainly looks different.

I agree. Never heard of it or Pendragon Pictures either.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted September 20 2004 - 08:33 PM

I can't tell from the tiny video window for the trailer just how good the CGI is. It will probably be released just like "Donnie Darko" was during it's first round, a very limited run.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted September 21 2004 - 02:33 AM

These are the same people connected to the upcoming WAR OF THE WORLDS film (not the Spielberg version) that purports to adhere closely to H.G. Welles original story. It doesn't take a seasoned mind to figure out why there's virtually no dialogue heard in that trailer. I've seen enough low-budget, regional B-movies and potboilers in my life (thousands, actually) to know dinner theatre acting when I see it. The visuals look phenomenal, but pay close attention to the "acting" going on in those brief snippets of the cast: these people wouldn't look out of place in a low-end Full Moon production in the early 90's, but at least there they'd probably have Tim Thomerson slumming to lend them some credibility.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   CaseyL

CaseyL

Supporting Actor

• 803 posts

Posted September 21 2004 - 06:51 AM

From what I understand, this movie is based on the PC FPS video game of the same title. I haven't played the game, but it has something to do with killing aliens. That's informative, I know.