Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New Amazon.com discount - 1.57%

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 02:31 AM

If you shop at Amazon.com you can get an additional 1.57% (that's Pi/2) off your order.

Just do any web search using their A9.com web search box on the left side of the page. Then return to Amazon.com. Now the Amazon.com logo at the top of the page should be changed to indicate Pi/2. If you place an item in your shopping cart and go to checkout you'll see the 1.57 discount applied. Not very much, but it's easy enough and every little bit helps.
Quote:
Glenn Heberle, since you've been using A9.com recently, virtually everything at Amazon.com is automatically an additional ð/2% (1.57%) off for you. Collecting this discount is zero effort on your part. It will be applied automatically at checkout (it will happen whether you use the shopping cart or our 1-Click Shopping®). You don't need to do anything to get this discount except keep using A9.com as your regular search engine.

We don't advertise this additional discount that we give in exchange for using A9.com, so if you want your friends to know about it, please tell them. It is probably the only way they'll find out. All they have to do is use A9.com as their regular search engine. They should make sure they are signed in to A9.com (it should be recognizing them by name) so that we can be certain they get credit for their visit.

While the ð/2% discount is a good additional reason to use A9.com it isn't the best reason. A9.com licenses its web search results from the industry leader Google, and then supplements those results with Amazon's Search Inside the Book™ results. The coolest feature is that A9.com keeps track of your search history for you on the server side. To see how this works, do some A9 searches from your computer at work and then sign in to A9.com from your computer at home.

How can we afford this additional ð/2% discount?

Because of sponsored links (the small text-based ads you see on search results pages), web search has turned into a highly profitable business. The search engines are making a significant amount of money every time someone clicks on one of those ads. With our automatic ð/2% discount, we are effectively sharing with you some of the money we collect from sponsored links, i.e. sharing the pi.

Please use A9.com and tell your friends.

Thank you

A9.com Instant Rewards will not be applied to the purchase of gift certificates or gift cards, such as Amazon.com Gift Certificates, Target GiftCards, or Borders Gift Cards.
A9.com Instant Rewards will not be applied to purchases from Amazon.com zShops or Amazon.com Auctions; payments and contributions made using the Amazon.com Honor System; Marketplace Pre-Orders; or In-Store Pickup purchases.
A9.com Instant Rewards may be inactivated for any Amazon.com account at any time depending on the number of A9.com Web searches performed.
Product searches performed on Amazon.com will not help to qualify an account for A9.com Instant Rewards.
You do not have to click on sponsored links to qualify an account for A9.com Instant Rewards.
The A9.com Instant Reward rate is ð/2% (1.57%) off the total purchase price, including tax and shipping.
The exact amount of the A9.com Instant Reward stated on the order summary is only an estimate. After taxes are finalized, the exact amount of the Instant Reward will be finalized.
A9.com Instant Rewards are not for use on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, Amazon.fr, or any Web site other than www.amazon.com.
Amazon.com reserves the right to change or discontinue the A9.com Instant Reward program at any time.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 16 2004 - 03:02 AM

Glenn: Couldn't agree more that every little bit helps.

But Pi/2? I wonder how they came up with that? Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 05:48 AM

> But Pi/2? I wonder how they came up with that?

Because they're geeks!

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 16 2004 - 06:58 AM

Quote:
Because they're geeks!

Oh, yeah. That's right.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,126 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
... we are effectively sharing with you some of the money we collect from sponsored links, i.e. sharing the pi.

They're comedians too, or at least aspire to be. I guess pi/2 is giving us a piece of the pi.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 16 2004 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
I guess pi/2 is giving us a piece of the pi.

I'd rather have a piece of the p-i-e.

Posted Image

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor

• 884 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 12:45 PM

This is the best kind of promotion--no extra work and a feel-good discount every time I drop more coin at Amazon. Well done, you coffee-guzzling Seattle-livin' tattooed love boys.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,535 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 16 2004 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
Well done, you coffee-guzzling Seattle-livin' tattooed love boys.

I must visit Seattle sometime. Posted Image

- Steve

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted September 17 2004 - 03:35 AM

And it works in addition to other discounts - Share the Love - and it works from referral sites, so if you want to support a site by buying thru their link, you can!!!!

Cool.

-Joe

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 17 2004 - 05:06 AM

I just placed my order for Star Wars, this discount, STL & a $10 coupon, $27.20 shipped. Not too bad.

Back to Bargains and Deals

Forum Nav Content I Follow