What's new

Active speakers - using different amps (1 Viewer)

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
Im about to build some active speakers and use a Bryston 4B to power the mids and a adcom to power the tweeter.

Now, on linkwitzlabs.com it says "The amplifiers must have identical voltage gains" (for active crossovers).

I really doubt that they (Bryston and adcom) do have identical voltage gains. Could I use an active circuit to attentuate or amplify either the tweeter or mids so to compensate for them having different gains?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Just put input level controls on the power amps or even easier on the active crossovers.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Figure out which driver needs to be attenuated, and then put potentiometers on it. You can leave it that way, or once you've picked a final position for the pot, measure it and then use fixed resistors to build an equivalent voltage divider. That's what I planned to do, but I'm still playing with the relative levels of the drivers trying to see how different settings sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks