Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 Star Wars Trilogy (authorized sneak peek)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#221 of 231 OFFLINE   Stephen J*

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 02:25 AM

Just an observation...I went to FYE for my pre-order pick up on Tuesday, and the girl was struggling to do one for the guy in front of me (she had her manager help out). Then I said I was doing a pick up, she looked like she was going to cry and said 'I don't know how to do these,' before calling her manager again! It was about 6PM, and they must've had fifty of these sets stacked up behind the counter, don't you think they would've gone over the pick up procedure with the cashiers beforehand? Oh, and there was NO UPC on the shrinkwrap.

#222 of 231 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,759 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted September 24 2004 - 03:00 AM

quote:

don't you think they would've gone over the pick up procedure with the cashiers beforehand?

They probably did. Some clerks just aren't fast learners. Try and get them to do anything beyond basic scan items, process payment, bag merchandise and they fly apart.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#223 of 231 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 24 2004 - 03:16 AM

quote:

Try and get them to do anything beyond basic scan items, process payment, bag merchandise and they fly apart.

Its not pretty. And whatever you do...don't let yourself get hit by any flying pieces. images/smilies/biggrin.gif

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#224 of 231 OFFLINE   Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,981 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted September 24 2004 - 04:08 AM

quote:

Um, Neil - ever shop at Fry's before? Refunds/credits are a whole other experience there, trust me.

Ever see a proctologist reach for his jar of vaseline?
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#225 of 231 OFFLINE   TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 06:16 AM

Take the following FWIW, but--I read on one of the other forums that at least one person had emailed Coconuts.com about the UPC issue and he received the following reply:

quote:

Hello,

A credit has been issued in the amount of $15.00 on 9/23/2004

towards your original payment method in lieu of the rebate.

Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for your bank

to apply the credit to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

If true, then there may be some hope after all for those folks who ordered from Coconuts.com...

#226 of 231 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,211 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 24 2004 - 07:33 AM

images/smilies/eek.gif That could be HUGE for those folks!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#227 of 231 OFFLINE   Randall Z

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 175 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 08:16 AM

I got mine @ TRU. $39.99 after CompUSA pricematch. Also got the $10 gift card. I left happy.

images/smilies/smile.gif
Z

#228 of 231 OFFLINE   David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 609 posts
  • LocationHancock, MA - The Berkshires

Posted September 24 2004 - 11:19 AM

At the Coconuts where I bought mine, Pittsfield, MA, the clerks had heard nothing about using the upc from the shrinkwrap. Has anyone confirmed that this is acceptable? Please excuse me if this was covered as I have not been able to read every post of this thread. Thanks
Dave

#229 of 231 OFFLINE   James D

James D

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted September 24 2004 - 12:55 PM

The clerks at Coconuts always say that you have to cut up the box. However, I have received every single rebate that I have sent in with the yellow UPC sticker taken from the shrink wrap.images/smilies/smile.gif To be careful, I would advise that your make a copy of the rebate slip, the receipt and the UPC sticker in case you have to resubmit the rebate.

#230 of 231 OFFLINE   TonyTone

TonyTone

Supporting Actor

• 728 posts

Posted September 25 2004 - 09:29 AM

Update on my last post regarding the possibility of getting a credit in lieu of a rebate from Coconuts.com (I did say that said post should be taken for FWIW)--apparently, a few other folks were given the "rejection" mail, which basically stated that they were out of luck...images/smilies/frown.gif

Sounds like one would need to keep trying until one gets a customer service person more amenable to giving a credit instead of the rebate...

#231 of 231 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,656 posts

Posted September 26 2004 - 07:56 AM

Coconuts did tell me that if I do refuse the shipment from the USPS that I will not have to pay the return shipping charges. So, I am hoping to do that. Unfortunately it shipped on 9/21 and there is no tracking information available. It would really make this all that much more surreal if it was lost in the mail. (Strangely enough there was no mail delivered to our house yesterday ...) Looking at the Coconuts site it seems they have loads of rebates on prerelease DVDs. I guess it is a normal part of their routine. Neil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users