Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DeepDiscountDVD New Release Prices

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 BonnieD

BonnieD

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 14 2004 - 05:33 AM

Has anyone noticed that DeepDiscountDVD no longer lowers its prices on new releases to match the release week prices offered by BestBuy and/or Circuit City? They used to lower the prices to be 10 cents below the price being offered by BestBuy or Circuit City (whichever was offering the lowest price). If you have to pay sales tax (which I do) this was a way to save a dollar or so with each DVD. When you buy as many new releases as I do, that adds up to quite a savings. Now that BB & CC no longer offer free shipping, DDDVD apparently feels no need to beat their prices. So, what's the point in buying from DDDVD - their prices are higher even with sales tax and you have to wait anywhere from 10 to 20 days to get your order.

#2 of 6 Jon B NY

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted September 14 2004 - 04:53 PM

I never understood all the hype about that website either. The prices really are nothing special.

#3 of 6 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 04:41 AM

I agree, they don't have the lowest prices across the board.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 6 Shawn_Sek

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 01:22 PM

because BB no longer has free shipping, that gives DDD a leeway of about $1.25. so they can add that extra buck per DVD and still be the lowest total price.
Biggest Bullshit Credit in American Film History? "Written & Directed By Quentin Tarantino"...how about COMPILED by?

#5 of 6 BrianP

BrianP

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted September 16 2004 - 05:33 PM

Also Circuit City revised their free shipping to a $25 purchase to qualify. So many of the regular DVD releases would now have shipping charges added on. The DDD pricematch policy also includes shipping costs when applicable.

#6 of 6 Don Peskin

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator

• 190 posts

Posted September 20 2004 - 12:00 AM

Dang, just when I was used to getting A titles for 15.89.
Maybe it's time I started getting smart and patient and wait until the dvds are re-released at a lower list price which results in lower selling price.