What's new

your sound system my soon be outdated (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was axiomatic that as soon as you bought anything electrical it had been superceded by something twice as good at half the price.;)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Interesting... I wonder what the applications of this would be for those of us in apartments with paper thin walls? Let me crank up the music, but no one else can hear it? Sounds fantastic.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Just my opinion, but I don't think this idea is going anywhere, nor should it. Even if it did work, just think of the possible abuses of the system (e.g., someone maliciously focuses a super-loud sound beam at someone else and they either crash their car or their hearing is permanently damaged...).

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Now we're going to wonder if some of those insane people really did hear "voices" or are thinking they heard "voices" that told them to do stupid things.

From a halloween toy application this would be cool, you could make a "Chuckie" doll that can only be heard if you're directly in front of it and can pull some neat tricks on people ("can't you hear hear that doll screaming?!!".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks