What's new

Smallville and Gilmore Girls on the Family Channel (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The Family channel is going to be airing these two shows starting from the pilots sometime in October. Smallville is definitely a must see for me, because I have always wanted to watch that show.

My question is, What is the basic plot of Gilmore Girls and is it as enjoyable as Smallville? People have recommended it to me, but I'm weary since I don't really know too much about it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gilmore Girls:

Do you like rapid-fire dialogue peppered with vast amounts of pop culture tidbits?

Do you like mother-daughter dramedies?

Do you like small town eccentrics?

If so, you'll like Gilmore Girls.

It's the story of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Lorelai had Rory when she was in high school, and the series starts when her daughter Rory starts high school. Lorelai had well-to-do parents, but her teenage pregnancy brought out her independent streak from her parents, and she was adamant about raising Rory without her parents' help (as much as could be deterred). So Lorelai raised Rory on her own, and the start of the series has her working as a manager (of sorts) at an inn in Stars Hollow (which is the small town they live in and everyone knows everyone else's business).

It's a good show. Watch it.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

I second that.

It might not look like it on first sight - but this is the smartest show on TV right now.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

I thrice it. ;) (I think that's possible)

Personally, although both are great in my book, I rank GG higher than Smallville.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The creator of the Gilmore Girls was one of the two rising stars (along with Joss Whedon) to come out of the Roseanne school of torture.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Gilmore Girls is great.

Most people tend to be bemused that a 26 year old guy like myself would even consider watching a show called Gilmore Girls, and to be honest, on the premise alone there is no way I would ever watch it.

Fortunately, by the time it made it to NZ, I had heard enough about how good the writing is to be interested. It completely sucked me in, and I have not missed a single episode in the four seasons it has been airing.

It's strength is its writing - while it does have great performances, ultimately it's sharp witty dialogue that makes it an absolute must see. It is frequently the funniest show on TV - honestly.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Yeah, until I became an HTF member I thought I was the only male watching the show :)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I have seen several episodes.

Not bad at all. Can hook you if your not careful.

One of the better shows on tv. Unfortuantely, most arent will to give things a chance based on names alone.

Oh well. I have found many great things I would of never found if I just listened to people. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.