What's new

HELP WANTED: Replies to this thread as a test for Verizon accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Verizon is helping me troubleshoot for my DSL account (they're already doing things I've tried and not work). Could anyone please respond to this thread so I can see if I receive the email notification? You do not have to have a Verizon account to help me. Thank you!

If by some chance they get the problem fixed, I will notify people in the linked thread below, where the problem first was reported.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...?s=&forumid=12

* If you were curious anyway and read this post, please post a reply here. Thanks again.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thank you for helping. However, I did not get the e-mail notification. Verizon says that their technicians are experiencing problems duplicating this issue. How are they posting here? Did they create an account?

However, could anyone please keep responding to this thread. If I ever get an email notification, then YIPPEE!

"I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain." - Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

Unless one of their technicians signed up as an individual member here - something we would not encourage, if he did it for that reason alone - they may indeed be "experiencing problems" duplicating the issue.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
That's what I told the support rep. When she told me the techs were not able to duplicate the problem, I told her the only way they would be able to experience it is if they were to sign up for an account, post, indicate they want email notification, get a reply, and watch when they get nothing ... like I'm (not) getting here. Oh well...

It's a mystery. This site's and Deep Discount DVD's "mail1" server's auto-response emails don't reach Verizon accounts.

But the optimistic thing is that they are not disregarding this issue as a lost cause. They are still working on it.

"I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain." - Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

They may have a SPAM-filter in place that blocks these posts (based on some characteristic).

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thanks for helping me (and other Verizon posters) out.

I also told them to tell the techs to check their own Spam filters (based on the other thread started by Parker). You would think they would also check there, right?

Update: I was notified by Support that they DO have Spam filters on their own server (before mail reaches customers' Inboxes) and they will check the server.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ha!

And also, of course, this is another post to help you check their progress...

Cees

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Here's another one, and it's being posted through a Verizon DSL account (though that's unlikely to make any difference).

M.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thanks guys. I'm still not getting notifications, though.

Keep the test posts coming. I don't think we can reach the density of the "Testy Area 51" thread.

If anyone else has a Verizon account, please post here and enable email notification. If and when the problem is fixed, you'll find out firsthand!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Verizon support (not the techs) called me up this morning and said that they would need a copy of the bounced message that the sender of the e-mail notification gets when it doesn't get to me. They can then trace the message and see where the problem occurs.

The support rep said this is the last thing they can do before they close this issue.

Since HTF has so many members, do messages that don't get to Verizon members (or any member for that matter) get bounced back somewhere to HTF at all?

If so, please send a copy of that message to me at my PM with the complete header included. Thanks.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Well, Verizon Tech Support closed my trouble ticket since they did not get any response. I asked in the Feedback forum but didn't get any reply there either. But please keep posting here if you feel like it and who knows ... it might work one day. Verizon said I could open a new ticket if I get a response, so it's not over yet. Thanks.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith

So I asked in the other thread in the Feedback forum if HTF admins get any bounced mail back from autoresponses that don't reach Verizon users. Verizon asked me (or an HTF admin) to send them to the e-mail address specified in that thread with full headers.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Keith,

We don't get those (if they exist at all). Perhaps Parker would see something like that, but he's currently present at the HTF LA-meet, in err.., well, Los Angeles.

So he has only limited access to his normal resources, I guess. You could send him a PM, but preferably after next Sunday.

Cees

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Two other websites besides HTF that have the same problem with Verizon accounts haven't come through either. One site says they don't get bounced e-mails (so I guess e-mail intended for Verizon customers gets left in cyberlimbo). The other site just didn't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks