Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Where is the TV show Ed on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 09:10 AM

I absolutely loved this show and cant wait for it to come out on DVD. Has anyone heard anything about this release?
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 09:31 AM

Hanging out with Inside Schwartz a little Off Centre. Give me all of them. Thank you.
Kyle McKnight

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 10:48 AM

Only saw but half an episode from late in this series (was last season the final season?), but I generally love a good dramedy (Sports Night, anyone?) and might be interested enough to purchase this were it to be released.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 12:04 PM

I ask myself the very same question everyday...

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Julia*D

Julia*D

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 07:00 PM

Dane - the last season was the fourth and final season. It was abbreviated though, just 17 eps. And I'm with you on Sports Night -- probably the best blind buy I've ever done.

Ed is one of my all-time favorite shows. It was a wonderfully quirky dramedy -- and those $10 bets! I still get the giggles thinking of "Burger Me." I would *love* to buy this show on DVD.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
and those $10 bets! I still get the giggles thinking of "Burger Me."

My favorite one is when they are in the Shopping Centre and Ed asks for the lettuce. "Can you please tell me where the letoose is". Posted Image

The station that played "Ed" over here screwed it around so i've missed the last 2 seasons. I would certainly consider a purchase.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted September 14 2004 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
the last season was the fourth and final season

Were there four seasons? I thought there were only three seasons of this show.

Another question is why hasn't a cable network hasn't picked up this show? I really miss this show.

Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted September 14 2004 - 10:15 AM

I would've really missed it, too, had I not seen season four. Posted Image I remember being fearful of it's cancellation, even though I thought season three hadn't been as good as the previous two (Ed was nearly unlikable during the first half of the season). But, season four was just a huge dip in quality - I told a friend of mine that if any show could survive the two leads getting together it was "Ed". In my opinion, I was wrong.

That being said, the first two seasons are some of the best tv I've EVER seen. This cast was like tv's best kept secret.

I could've sworn it was rumored to be one of the series being considered for DVD release when that announcement first came out that NBC was going to be licensing some shows for DVD release.

Stuckeyville.com mentions that they were not contractually allowed to release the show on home video for up to one year after production ceased (that sounds odd to me). If there's any truth to that, that one year should be close to up.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Julia*D

Julia*D

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted September 14 2004 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
But, season four was just a huge dip in quality - I told a friend of mine that if any show could survive the two leads getting together it was "Ed". In my opinion, I was wrong.

I don't know, I still think you were kinda right. Although the fourth season wasn't as great as the first two, it was still enjoyable. There were still some very quirky episodes in there, like the one with Carol working on her novel.

One thing I could have done without though was NBC's constant promotion of the Ed and Carol aspect of the show. Towards the end, it was pretty annoying. Posted Image

Quote:
I could've sworn it was rumored to be one of the series being considered for DVD release when that announcement first came out that NBC was going to be licensing some shows for DVD release.

I think that thread is right here.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   BrandonJF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

• 436 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
One thing I could have done without though was NBC's constant promotion of the Ed and Carol aspect of the show. Towards the end, it was pretty annoying.

You mean how every week they teased the impending doom of the Carol/Ed relationship, usually by implying Ed was going to cheat on Carol the next week? Then the episode would come around and the teaser turned out to be taken completely out of context. Yeah, I tired of that as well.

I thought that season four focused too much on the Ed/Carol relationship period. I think there was a way to make that work in a more subtle fashion then having to hang some impending doom over them every week.

I do think there were a few decent episodes in season four. Usually the ones where Justin Long popped back up. I guess Warren just grew on me.

I would definitely still buy it if we're ever lucky enough to see this series released. And let's hope they had already secured the music rights as well...

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Nick Senger

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 06:04 PM

I'm still waiting for the spin-off, Mike and Nancy. They were always my reason for watching the show. Now that I think of it, I would even like Warren, or Phil (well, maybe Phil would be too much--but Shirley, now...). The point is, I actually enjoyed the brilliant supporting cast much more than I enjoyed Ed or Carol. The last two seasons focused too much on their relationship. Still, I'd buy it on dvd.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Julia*D

Julia*D

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted September 15 2004 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
The point is, I actually enjoyed the brilliant supporting cast much more than I enjoyed Ed or Carol.

Agreed. I think "Ed" was at its best when the storylines weren't focused entirely on the Ed/Carol relationship.

So what are the odds that we'll see this show on DVD in the near future? There's a thread on the message boards at Stuckeyville.com that states that "Ed" is not on Paramount's schedule so far for 2005. I wonder how accurate that is though...

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow