What's new

What happened to DVDFile??? (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
This was brought up in the big Star Wars thread, but never answered.

Anyone know what is going on? I would have expected big coverage of the SW release.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
What do you mean? The site works fine for me.

EDIT - Never mind. I take it you're asking where their Star Wars DVD coverage is...there goes my 3rd grade reading comprehension.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would think the staff is taking a much
needed vacation coming off of Labor Day.

I'm sure Bracke and company will be back shortly.

We look forward to it.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
For a few weeks now, when I've tried certain "Links" on the DVDFile site, I would get the message:Everytime I've tried to email the problem to the contact addresses, the e-mails have all been returned "not deliverable".:confused: Evidentally, something seems to have been brewing at Bracke's site for awhile.

Paul

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Ron, I appreciate/acknowledge the effort on behalf of a fellow Website operator to perhaps make sure that the thread doesn't turn into a slagfest, but be that as it may . . .

Paul, I concur: although I haven't (yet?) experienced the 'banned I.P. address' message, my e-mails to Peter to remind him to update his weekend b.o. overview over two weeks ago (a report that was last done for AVP winning the weekend of August 13-15) were bounced back to me.

Malcolm: What DVD(s) did Pete do commentary for?

-p

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't he included on one of the upcoming "Friday the 13th: Ultimate Edition" discs? I thought I saw his name in that discussion.

EDIT: Here it is:

Unless there's two of 'em. :)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Of course now I wonder what Michael Elliot's source is--presumably a studio sell sheet for the release since he's an HTF reviewer. If this is the File's Peter, I presume this happened due to a relationship with Par's Martin Blythe. Interesting.

Interestingly, an Amazon search for Pete's name returns, of course, his DVD book but also David Grove's Making Friday The 13th: The Legend Of Camp Blood. Does anyone have the Grove book? Did Peter write a preface or something?

-p

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
I will concur with this thread. Over the past 12 months, DVDFile, which was my first and often only stop for DVD info, has gone by the wayside. There are several high level DVD titles that never saw the light of day for review at DVDFile. They used to have everything up right away. Now sometimes new releases appear days or even weeks past release date. I prefer to make my purchase decision in the first week for the best deals finacially, so I've decided to depend on other sites.

Just last night we watched Monster via Netflix, and I wanted to read a review from a reputable site as far as what they had to say about the disk. I was surprised to see that DVDFile never reviewed the title at all.

david*mt

Second Unit

That couldn't be more true. You can search for some titles that they have reviewed in the past and not get any results. If you go to DVD-Basen, however, the reviews are still available.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
As of today, the 13th, it's still showing the last update as 9/3. With 10 days elapsing with no word, something has to have changed.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Peter Bracke wrote his own F13 book as well. It is called Crystal Lake Memories. So there are two F13 books to look forward to.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
From a post on DvdFile forum:

I guess they mean their webmaster???

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
DVDFile has more than one webmaster, just like Peter Bracke is not their only contributing editor. Like Dean, I too joined this forum when the 'File started slowing down and have never looked back. In spite of the efforts of a couple decent site admins, the the juvenile, dull-witted rot slung around on the 'File forum has dropped the level of discourse there miles below this site, sadly. This site is far and away the superior site for DVD information and discussion, I have quickly discovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks