Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Six Feet Under 4.12 - Untitled *SEASON FINALE*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 04:11 AM

Anyone else really excited about tonight's episode? I recently went to college, where I don't have HBO, so I'm going to have to get a tape of this somewhere... grrr.

I'm really interested in what's going to happen with David, Nate's research of Lisa's death, and Ruth and George. Claire's big-headed look at her own artwork is a little pathetic. I feel bad for her character. Yet another way for her to look past the emptiness of her life...

#2 of 38 Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,067 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 04:14 AM

tonight's episode? Isn't it tomorrow night? I could be wrong, they may be doing something different for the season finale, but "SFU" normally airs on Sunday.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#3 of 38 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 06:09 AM

I got my days mixed up. The curse of having no classes on friday.

Well, disregard the thread until tomorrow... Posted Image

#4 of 38 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 07:28 AM

Whew...I got scared when I saw "tonight." Thought I might have missed something Posted Image
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#5 of 38 todbnla

todbnla

Screenwriter

• 1,521 posts
  • Location39466

Posted September 12 2004 - 12:51 PM

Can't wait to see how this season ends for the Fishers.

Edit: Wow, Very intense, was it my Infocus 4805 or did the look of the show seem different, filmed differently perhaps?
Regards,
Todd

My Blue-Ray & SD DVD's

Current HT setup: Vizio E601-A3 60" Led display, Pioneer VSX-521-k, Panasonic DMP-BDT320 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player, SVS 2531PCi sub, Polk R30 mains, Polk CS125 center, Polk R15 x4 rears

#6 of 38 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted September 12 2004 - 02:03 PM

Wow! What an ending to a strong season.

I couldn't believe Barb's husband's envolvement...but as soon as Nate was heading up there, I began wondering about a possible affair with Lisa. If Alan Ball decided to hang it up, I wouldn't complain. Not too many loose ends to tie up.

#7 of 38 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted September 12 2004 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
Wow, Very intense, was it my Infocus 4805 or did the look of the show seem different, filmed differently perhaps?

A lot of the camera work looked different to me as well. More video-like...mostly with the Clair/art-show sub-story.

#8 of 38 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted September 12 2004 - 02:18 PM

^It was intentionally. They were playing with the frame rate for Clair's scenes to play up the effects of the Cocaine - a very classy choice I thought.

All together I thought this was an AMAZING season finale.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#9 of 38 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted September 12 2004 - 03:14 PM

Up until the final 20 minutes, I thought it was ho-hum, but then the fireworks came out.

At least they amped up the opening death, nice and gory.

Rico has to face the dissolution of his marriage, the price paid for him breaking the trust between him and Vanessa.

Claire and Billy get busy. She's turning into a serious druggie though. Her friends have been alienated by her new-found status as a "hot" artist.

Ruth has to deal with George, who is trapped in a bomb cellar both physically and mentally.

Nate gets to close the door on Lisa, though that closure exacted a high personal price in Lisa's family.

David faces his tormentor, and his father gives him the "get over your pathetic self" talk, perhaps David will heed the advice.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#10 of 38 Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted September 12 2004 - 04:10 PM

Was this the last episode of Six feet Under?

Closure was achieved with regard to some of the story lines (Lisa's death, Nate and Brenda, David and his tormentor, etc.), while others were left open-ended (George's psychosis, Claire's rise and inevitable fall, Claire's burgeoning love for Billy, etc.). I'm not sure what to think, but I wouldn't complain if this was how they chose to end the show. Understated, but poignant and powerful.

If, as has been widely speculated, Alan Ball leaves the show, doesn't SFU necessarily end? Maybe uncertainty over Ball's plans is why this episode was such a mixed bag, covering all the bases just in case.

In spite of some bumps along the way, Six Feet Under has remained one of the best written, acted, and actualized shows on television for the past 4+ years. I would hate to see it go.

#11 of 38 Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 12:58 AM

I thought the episode was pretty good overall. My sound went out for a few seconds though right at the end after George told ruth that he couldn't come out of the bomb shelter. I think she said why not, but i didn't get his reply. can anyone fill me in?

#12 of 38 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 02:59 AM

Was the Lisa thing really resolved? The guy could've killed himself just for cheating. Someone else could've killed Lisa. He never admitted killing her. He shot himself after he saw his wife standing there.

The elevator scene was gruesome. I knew what was going to happen and I was saying don't stick your head in there.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#13 of 38 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 03:13 AM

I'd stopped watching the show, but TiVo'ed the season finale, just in case it turns out to be the series finale.
Quote:
The guy could've killed himself just for cheating.

I think the key line is when he says something like, "I couldn't have her telling her sister". And he never once says that he didn't hurt Lisa, which is what you'd expect him to protest. He just says he wasn't "angry" with her (whatever that means).

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#14 of 38 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 03:17 AM

True, he never said he didn't hurt her. But, I think it leaves lots of space for other twists. If that's the way that they want the plot line to go.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#15 of 38 Joe S

Joe S

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 03:55 AM

Great episode to wrap up the season. I guess we're not certain it will return for another season.

I didn't expect Lisa's killer to pull out the gun and ...
Shockingly well done though.

Wasn't it unusual that Nathaniel, the father, appeared with David at the end? I don't remember, but didn't
he only appear with Nate? Might be significant in some way.

#16 of 38 Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 04:43 AM

I thought the way Lisa's brother-in-law said "I played a song for her" or something to that effect was a bit creepy, like maybe he sang her a song after he killed her?

Not a bad ending. I'm really getting tired of Claire (the character). What a f***ing idiot.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#17 of 38 ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 05:11 AM

Quote:
Wasn't it unusual that Nathaniel, the father, appeared with David at the end? I don't remember, but didn't

Nathaniel has appeared with other characters. Remember when he's talking to Claire as she's walking through the cemetery? He appeared to Ruth after she got married to George. Ruth found him crying in a small room in the house. I think he's appeared to Nate more than the other 3 by far.

#18 of 38 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,625 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 05:15 AM

I think the guy killed himself because his wife was probably wearing on him mentally for a long time, and just didn't think he had any other way out with children involved (and adultery in the mix).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#19 of 38 Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Screenwriter

• 2,970 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 05:47 AM

I don't see how there could be any doubt. The guy killed Lisa in order to keep her from telling the wife about the affair.

#20 of 38 Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted September 13 2004 - 06:08 AM

According to an article on cnn.com season 5 starts shooting in november.

http://www.cnn.com/2....eut/index.html

Forum Nav Content I Follow