What's new

Happy Days reunion complete with Chuck.... (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The Chuck Stops Here

''Happy Days'' gang will reunite. The entire cast will gather for 30th-anniversary reunion special, including the two actors who played Chuck, Richie's forgotten older brother by Gary Susman.

It's one of the enduring mysteries of 1970s TV: What ever happened to Chuck Cunningham? The older brother of Richie and Joanie, he could be seen occasionally during the earliest episodes of Happy Days, usually carrying a basketball. Apparently, the character was such an afterthought that no one noticed when the role was recast, and no one mourned him when he inexplicably vanished from the family after the first season. But now, 30 years later, Chuck Cunningham is finally resurfacing.

Chuck will live again in The Happy Days 30, a two-hour reunion special
marking the three-decade anniversary of the debut of the 1974-84 ABC
sitcom. Variety reports that the special, to be coproduced by Henry
''The Fonz'' Winkler himself, will reunite the entire cast, including
Winkler, Ron Howard (Richie), Erin Moran (Joanie), Tom Bosley (Mr. C), Marion Ross (Mrs. C), Anson Williams (Potsie), Don Most (Ralph), Pat
Morita (Arnold), Scott Baio (Chachi), Cathy Silvers (Jenny Piccalo), and the two actors who played Chuck: Gavin O'Herlihy and Randolph Roberts.
Even Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams, who created the spinoff characters of Laverne and Shirley on Happy Days, will be there.

Production begins this weekend with the revival of an off-camera Happy Days tradition, a cast softball game, which will be filmed for the
reunion show. ABC hasn't set an airdate for the special, but it could air as soon as November's ratings sweeps period.

But what about Al?

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Is this going to be an actual show or just the cast getting together??

If it is an actual show...it would have to be set in the 80's.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
What would be really funny is if O'Herlihy is there for the first ten minutes, Roberts is there is there for the next ten, and then nobody notices their absence afterward.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Bring on Suzi Quatro!! She's still active (toured Australia recently, I hear).

p.s. Did Lenny & Squiggy first appear on HD or is that just the product of my sick imagination?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I hope this isn't just another cast member rememberance show filled with clips....both HAPPY DAYS and LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY have already done that.

They should do it in character and it should be set around 1986!

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
It sounds like a rememberances show, but what would be funny is if they filmed a two or three minute scene "in character" set in 1983 or whatever that explained whatever happened to Chuck.

"He's finally being executed for all of those sex slayings that the family found too troubling to ever talk about."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

A girl from the future and time travel provided at least one future episode, I think. The Partridge Family had an animated series set in the future.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
>Apparently, the character was such an afterthought that no one noticed when the role was recast

This is the first I've heard of that.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I like the idea of an "in character" reunion. A plausible scenario would be Howard and Marion's 50th Wedding Anniversary and the whole gang reunites to celebrate. This could be like the Dick Van Dyke reunion, remembrances done "in character". The time period would have to be in the mid 80s as Steve Phillips said.

Al Molinaro will be missed. He was always a dependable character actor and was especially good as Murray the policeman on ODD COUPLE. Hopefully his non appearance is due to his wishes rather than being prohibited by poor health.

Steve

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Linda Pearl (Ashley Pfister), K. C. Cunningham (Crystal Bernhard), Bag Zambroni (Neil J. Schwartz), Cindy Shea (Cheryl Ladd), or Spike Fonzarelli (Danny Butch) will attend.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
They should remake the "Hollywood" episode, but this time The Fonz should Refuse to Jump the Shark! thus changing not only the history of this show, but perhaps all TV shows for all time. Sort of a Back to the Future kinda thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks