What's new

Slow times in the movie watching (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Right now there really isn't anything I just absolutely want to see in the theaters.... it's weird for me, because we use to go to a movie like every other week.

Hopefully, some good movies come out that actually peak my interest.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I agree, my wife and I just started our vacation, and for reasons I won't go into, we posponed a trip and will be staying around town. I figured it would give us a chance to catch up on the latest movies. Well, after looking at the listings in the paper I guess we'll be stocking up at the video store instead.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I just saw three movies that I thought were fantastic. Probably the best I've seen all year.

Hero
Garden State
Before Sunset

As far as big action movies go, yeah, it's kinda bleak. But Sky Captain is opening soon.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Late Aug-Sept traditionally sucks... We are in the lull before the the Holidays/Oscar season. That said, I saw and liked Garden State and We don't live here anymore last week. Need to get around to Hero. I am PISSED that I missed Maria Full of Grace :angry:.

--
H

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hmmmmm, although we don't have as many choices as some cities, I'm having a hard time keeping up by going to 2 or 3 a week. Have seen recently: Tae Guk Gi, Purple Butterfly, Vanity Fair, Intimate Strangers, We Don't Live Here Anymore, Garden State, Open Water.

Will see "Cellular" this week, and "Criminal" if it opens here. . .

*edit* Oh, well, no "Criminal" yet, but "Maria Full of Grace" and "The Mother" are opening!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I'm seeing Open Water this weekend (at a theater that's closing after Sunday), and am interested in Mr. 3000, Sky Captain, Ladder 49, Friday Night Lights, and Ray.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Actually, Garden State was the 1st new film I'd seen in several weeks. The last was Collateral.

BTW, Garden State is worth seeing! One of the best films I've seen this year!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I rarely have a desire to watch newer films. I keep track of the movies I watch every year, and so far I've seen 214 titles for 2004... but only 5 of those were new theatrical features.

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
The last movie I saw in theaters was Kill Bill Vol. 2. There's just been too much going on that I haven't been able to make time to see anything.

That, and a lot of these movie are more of the "Wait-For-The-DVD" variety...

Though I will see Garden State tomorrow. Can't wait!

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
For me it's the other way around - too many films I want to see but don't have the time to do it: Intimate Strangers, Zatoichi and We Don't Live Here Anymore.

~Edwin

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Some well-reviewed movies opened today around here: Red Lights, Bright Young Things, and End of the Century: Story of the Ramones. Next week, Infernal Affairs opens.

If you go to the movies every other week, I think there should be plenty to see.

~T

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I actually enjoy a lot of the movies that come out this time of year. A lot of it is that, unlike the summer and holidays, I really haven't followed most of the movies that open after Labor Day and my expectations are usually low so movies often come as a pleasant surprise.

Just this month I'm looking forward to Cellular, Sky Captain, The Forgotten, and Ghost in the Shell 2 (if it comes to my area).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have more movies than I can see in a weekend. This weekend I have to choose among Cellular, Criminal and When Will I Be Loved?.

Next weekend it's Sky Captain, Silver City, Head in the Clouds and possibly Wimbledon.

And I still have a few items from Edwin's and Thi's lists above.

And on the 24th, unless they've changed the schedule, we're getting The Forgotten, A Dirty Shame, Shaun of the Dead, The Motorcycle Diaries and The Last Shot.

M.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
This is the time of year that I turn to DVDs. There are only two movies left this year that I consider must-sees: The Incredibles and Ocean's Twelve. However, there are DVDs coming out every week or so that are on my wish list. Also, there are classics like Lawrence of Arabia that I have yet to see, so I usually won't go to a theatrical release unless I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks