What's new

Who sells a combo without a sub... (1 Viewer)

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
I need some surround speakers for my setup to upgrade from the crappy cheap sony's that I have now. Most every place that I have checked sells combos that include the sub. I'm content with the sub I have now and would like to just get the surrounds, front and center channels. Anyone know where I can look to find this or am I just going to have to buy individuals or in pairs?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was going to suggest the ELT package from AV123 without the sub. I'm sure they can do that. Axiom would be another thought. The Paradigm Performance and/or Cinema line are good for the money.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I'd definitely check out the Rocket ELT, the center is right in your range although the mains/surrounds are a bit more. Give them a call though as they can put together good packages. They are also working on a couple in-wall speakers that I believe are really close to being done. Here's some pics.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
The Ascend Acoustics CMT-340c center is also in your price range.

All the suggestions above come from quality companies that can easily put together packages without subs.

Which sub do you have now?

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator

I have an Acoustic Research S112(hardly used but 7 or so years old).

It produces a sound that I'm very pleased with for now. I plan on upgrading in the future but not just yet.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
on the lower priced end, i believe the Fluance speaker set does not include sub... not sure tho

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
Let me throw this out there then. I'm looking to have 2, possibly 4 in wall for the surrounds of a 7.1 setup depending on if my walls will permit once I investigate closer. Do any of these companies have in walls so I can still go with one brand even though the actual type of speaker might be different?

Nick L

Second Unit
My vote would be to find your local Paradigm dealer. For the money their performance line is tough to beat. They also have in walls. Another quality company to look at would be B&W Speakers. I like both of these companies a lot and they have a history of both high quality speakers and excellent customer service.

Nick L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks