What's new

Joey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight, NBC kicks off the series premiere of "Joey" in the old "Friends" spot (8 p.m. EDT on Thursdays). The pilot showed promise, though will wonder how the new casting of the hottie neighbor will spice up the chemistry for Joey in LA.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I was surprised how much I liked the pilot. I think if you liked Friends you'll enjoy the show, if you didn't you probably won't.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The show airs for the first time tonight, although the pilot was leaked on the internet awhile ago and so a number of people have seen it already.

Can't wait for this.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
It was a pretty okay pilot.. but i dunno if the writers have enough Joey jokes up their sleeves...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I imagine the character will be tweaked a little over the first few months to make him fit his new environment better. Sort of like how it's pretty tough to imagine Frasier-on-Frasier ever hanging out at Cheers.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I actually forgot to catch this and missed the first 13 minutes! :b

Anyway, what I saw was pretty good.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was good. I liked the interaction with his sister, those 2 together provided the most laughs for me.

I think it will work.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

And that's the exact reason why I could never get into "Frasier"

The pilot was okay, I slightly chuckled at a few gags, but it isn't what I call essential viewing. I thought it was funny how that neighbor girl came over like she was going home, then revealed that she had to pick up her husband at the airport and then left. Why even bother going home? Who was that actress who played the neighbor? She looked very familiar.

MattGentry

Second Unit
I'll tell you, the reshoots were far better than the original shots. The new actress is far better than Ashley Scott in the role, and just seems more comfortable in the few shots she was in than Miss Scott did.

And I didn't like the reshoot for the TV interview. I liked the original interview with the actor on "Nurses." Done by the one and only Pat O'Brien...

And please, not so stupid. I mean, Joey is dumb, but "My agent's a shark. And that means she's a really good agent, not an actual shark." I mean, c'mon. Is Joey so mentally incompetent that he believed his new agent was a frikin shark?

Granted, he did think he was going to appear in a commercial with a talking dog once, but still...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
:laugh: I thought it was pretty good.

But what was up with Jennifer Coolidge? I generally like her, but she was really rather annoying in this character, and she seemed to be really over-selling it. Not to mention it looked like she was doing it all off cue cards and they gave her the weird magnifying glasses to hide her eye movements.

And the neighbor character seems to be a waste. I didn't like the actress or the character.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Joey's nephew went to my high school, and graduated 2 years after I came there. I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself - probably the most famous person to come from that school thus far.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The chemistry with Drea de Matteo is good. She's also got a good, unconventional (for prime time sitcom TV) babe factor.

The intelligence of Joey in the last season of Friends was pretty inconsistent. Remember the game show episode?

But it's off to a good start I'll keep watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks