What's new

Puppy shoots man (1 Viewer)

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Saw this on another site. Charlton Heston needs to adopt that dog!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Or tell him to take the consequences of letting his dog breed, and take care of the puppies until he finds them a home...

Go puppy. :)

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Too bad the puppy didn't shoot the guy in the crotch so HE can't breed.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
They should have dumped the asshole in the shallow grave and put him out of his misery

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Better to shoot the pups than to abandon them somewhere, though animal shelter would have been a better choice-there are far worse choices.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Okay, I'm all for animals. I'm all for people not abusing animals. I have owned animals and taken great care of them. What that guy was doing was WRONG. 100% wrong, immoral, unethical, etc...

But do you guys realized what you're saying? Go puppy? A HUMAN BEING was shot. Somebody's son. He could have died. And you are chearing THAT?

No wonder our kids are growing up with no respect for firearms and the sanctity of life. Our priorities should be people. I don't see a single person saying "well, I hope this attention that he's getting makes him and others realize the error of his ways and that they all treat animals better from now on."

I, for one, am glad the man didn't die. That would have been a shame, but his own fault, all the same, for using a firearm incorrectly.

/rant

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh come on Adam, I don't think they really hoped the man was killed, it's just that the irony of the whole thing is practically unbearable! For me at least.:)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
If you decide to take a life, don't be surprised if people cheer when your life is taken (or almost taken).

i.e. It wasn't his right to decide that any puppy's life should end.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

Let me be the first then... I hope this dumbass serves as an example to others, and teaches them about respecting aniamls, as well as the PROPER use of firearms.

Moe.

People like this guy make me so glad to be a Floridian! What a jerk. Unfortunately, people like this are all too common. They can't be responsible enough to spay/neuter their pets. They "just can't" find anyone to take them and, oh no, they couldn't take them to the animal shelter. So that leaves killing them or dropping them off to fend for themselves.

Yes, Adam, people should be a priority. However, when we choose to have a pet, we should take responsibility for it.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The story said the gun was a .38 cal. revolver. Revolvers don't have a "safety", since you need to cock them before each round. In the most likely case, this was a "double-action" revolver, which has a strong trigger pull that cocks the gun as part of firing it. The puppy probably couldn't apply enough force to do this. The guy probably had manually-cocked the gun, which would permit a much lighter trigger pull to fire the gun.

Luis S

Supporting Actor

No, a total scumbag was shot. Would be fine by me if he wound up six feet under. You decide you cant take care of the pups so you shoot them? WTF is that?!? There are tons of different humane ways to give up the pups. His irresponsibility and cold blooded disregard for an animals life ( 3 I believe) resulted in poetic justice IMHO.

A shot to the wrist is nothing. I would have beat that asshole senseless. Pups are easy to give away. There is no reason to execute them. Sounds like he probably was just getting off shooting live targets.I laughed my ass off when I heard it on the news.Sweet justice I tell you. People like this guy make me sick, he got what he deserved. GO PUPPY! GO!

And yes Im a proud animal lover. I think Ive known more great animals than great people.:D

Later,

Luis S

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
This was somebody's son, and probably also somebody's husband and somebody's father. Yes, one should hold human life more highly than animal life, no matter how much we love our pets. If a child and a pet are drowning and you can only save one, the child should win out.

But hasn't it been proven that people who abuse animals are also very likely to abuse their wives, children, etc?

The kind of person who self justifies shooting unwanted puppies when there are so many other alternatives is suspect in my opinion. He claimed he couldn't find homes for them and thought this was mercy killing, I don't buy it. I think he was either too lazy to haul them off to the shelter or more likely just plain sadistic enough to get some kind of thrill out of shooting the dogs.

In either case, but especially the latter, just how likely is he to show this same sadistic streak in his dealings with his wife or kids?

So aside from our sympathy for these pups, the guy's probably also abusive to humans--another reason why I think he got what he deserved.

btw, I don't own a gun, but if I did I would not hesitate to shoot anyone who tried to hurt one of my animals. I would defend them the same way most folks would defend their children.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks