Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Does Fry's Electronics Always Stink For New Releases?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted September 08 2004 - 01:21 PM

I am new to Phoenix and I really like Fry's Electronics for all the computer stuff. thier DVD prices are good too. But I have to ask. Do they always stink for new releases?? I went in today on Wed. and they have yet to recieve Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition, Jersey Girl, Clerks X and Lady Killers. Just wondering if anyone else had any good expieriences with them on or close to new release day? BTW it was Fry's in Phoenix on Thunderbird. --Ian

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,069 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 10:48 AM

The one in Sacramento usually gets new releases right away, they get tons of boxes of the big ones too!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted September 09 2004 - 01:14 PM

Maybe the one I went to was bunk, I'll have to try the other one in Tempe. --Ian

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted September 10 2004 - 02:39 AM

All of the ones you mentioned are at the Las Vegas store. As a rule, though, Fry's often doesn't put new stuff on the shelf until several days after the street date, especially if it is a catalog release.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted September 11 2004 - 10:39 AM

Good to know! --Ian