-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio dropouts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 08:06 PM

I have a Denon 3803 & DVD-2200, connected with a cheap(not glass) optical connection. Last night I noticed about a dozen audio dropouts while watching Passion of the Christ R4, which is in full bitrate DTS. I have never noticed an audio dropout before on my system, I have also never played a full bitrate DTS disc on my system before. I then watched Master and Commander DTS (754kbps), no dropouts at all.
At first I thought the extra data from the full bitrate DTS might have been causing probs with my interconnect cable but I have never had any probs with DTS-ES tracks, which I think use the same amount of data, or am I confusing this with DTS 96/24.
I will try swapping out the cable tonight.
All other suggestions welcome.

#2 of 2 MikeTz

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted September 06 2004 - 01:01 PM

Doesn't sound like the cable is the problem if Master and Commander worked. That also indicates your amplification chain and speakers are functioning correctly. The problem sounds more like an issue with the DVD player or your pre/pro (receiver).

MT