Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

XM newbie/ problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Andy Bell

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 01:40 AM

Hoping that Ron or someone else can help me. I just bought the SkyFi receiver yesterday along with the car and home adaptor kits. I was very disappointed when I hooked up the home kit to my Lexicon MC-12 to hear a loud hum through my speakers. The L/R plugs are pushed in all the way. I just finished reading Rons review of XM versus Serius and he mentioned using his XM receiver in his system with no mention of any problems. Anyone got a clue? Thanks, Andy

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,562 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 01:50 AM

Hi, Andy! There should absolutely be no problem with "hum" while playing the SkyFi through your home receiver. This leads me to wonder if you have a faulty home kit. Also, are you using the CD or AUX input on the back of your receiver? Perhaps there will be other suggestions here.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Andy Bell

Andy Bell

Stunt Coordinator

• 76 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 02:30 AM

Ronald, Thanks for the reply. My processor has 8 analog audio input connectors. I assigned the SkiFi receiver to input #2.Tried another input but had same issue. On the XM411 forum I found someone had this same problem, but his problem was cured when he realized he needed to push the plugs all the way into his receiver. Andy

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Bryan_O

• 49 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 03:47 AM

When I first got XM, a couple of years ago, I had a similar "hum" problem in my car. I purchased the Sony removable unit, w/ the home kit. For my car, I purchased a Terk antenna. For some reason or another, the Terk antenna produced a crazy hum. After playing a little "swap-tronics" I got a new antenna. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users