What's new

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
They could add a cast commentary, Deleted Scenes, that trailer that was never shown, a new documentary ...

So many lesser movies have gotten Special Editions that it seems silly that both this and Breakfast Club aren't out in some kind of 'Deluxe' editions.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I would absolutely love a cast commentary track on both FBDO and The Breakfast Club (especially The Breakfast Club).

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I agree. I'd absolutely love to see this get the S.E. treatment it deserves.

By the way, can anyone answer a question that's been bugging me for years... How come the DVD is in 2.35:1, and the remastered LBX laserdisc is 1.85:1?

As far as I can remember, there were no obvious signs of bad framing, and so I would guess the LD is an 'open-matte' transfer from the Super 35 negative (similar to the DVD of Star Trek VI).

Can anyone confirm please?

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I've been thinking about this, and I'm predicting that a special edition might come out in two years to celebrate the 20th anniversary. This is purely speculation.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the existing DVD is missing the trailer AND the deleted scenes. Funny thing is, John Hughes discusses the trailer briefly in the commentary track and talks about how it included some scenes that were cut from the film. What a tease... :)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Argh, definitely! It's very annoying to hear a director talk about deleted scenes and then find out they're not on the disc!

Especially since the scene with Ferris on the radio talk show were supposed to be in the movie but were cut at the 11th hour due to the Challenger Shuttle explosion.

Another movie were the director talks about how the deleted scenes/outtakes were just SO hilarious is Frank Oz on Bowfinger! Again, very annoying! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks