Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 04:02 AM

There's really no need... there's a great commentary track, flawless video and audio.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 05:05 AM

They could add a cast commentary, Deleted Scenes, that trailer that was never shown, a new documentary ...

So many lesser movies have gotten Special Editions that it seems silly that both this and Breakfast Club aren't out in some kind of 'Deluxe' editions.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 05:51 AM

I would absolutely love a cast commentary track on both FBDO and The Breakfast Club (especially The Breakfast Club).

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 472 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted September 04 2004 - 05:58 AM

I agree. I'd absolutely love to see this get the S.E. treatment it deserves.

By the way, can anyone answer a question that's been bugging me for years... How come the DVD is in 2.35:1, and the remastered LBX laserdisc is 1.85:1?

As far as I can remember, there were no obvious signs of bad framing, and so I would guess the LD is an 'open-matte' transfer from the Super 35 negative (similar to the DVD of Star Trek VI).

Can anyone confirm please?

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Richard Kim

Richard Kim

Producer

• 4,389 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 06:32 AM

From the IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/...91042/laserdisc

Quote:
The transfer is great, but the aspect ratio is wrong. This was a Super 35 film with an aspect ratio of 2.35 : 1. The LaserDisc has too much unneeded information at the bottom of the frame, which makes some compositions look poor. However, it has a wider picture than the Pan & Scan version. To get the correct presentation you will have to matte out the bottom 21% of the picture.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 472 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted September 04 2004 - 10:16 AM

Thanks Richard...

I guess I should have tried imdb.com! Anyway, thanks for clearing that one up for me.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

• 591 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 12:58 PM

I've been thinking about this, and I'm predicting that a special edition might come out in two years to celebrate the 20th anniversary. This is purely speculation.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Haden

Haden

Supporting Actor

• 782 posts

Posted September 04 2004 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, the existing DVD is missing the trailer AND the deleted scenes. Funny thing is, John Hughes discusses the trailer briefly in the commentary track and talks about how it included some scenes that were cut from the film. What a tease... Posted Image

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   John CW

John CW

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted September 05 2004 - 11:16 AM

Argh, definitely! It's very annoying to hear a director talk about deleted scenes and then find out they're not on the disc!

Especially since the scene with Ferris on the radio talk show were supposed to be in the movie but were cut at the 11th hour due to the Challenger Shuttle explosion.

Another movie were the director talks about how the deleted scenes/outtakes were just SO hilarious is Frank Oz on Bowfinger! Again, very annoying! Posted Image
Alphabetti Spaghetti

Elvis returns from the dead to say: "Objectively looking at the world, you're the only people alive on the earth today. All the people who created tradition, created countries, created rules ... THEM #@&%ERS ARE DEAD. Why don't you start your own world while you got the chance?"