What's new

Nirvana Box Set by Christmas (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
A gentleman made a post on one of the forums that I moderate and stated that this was to be a 3-cd set and there will be a DVD issued with it for a limited time. Everyone called him a liar. Turns out, he works for Universal Canada. Then it shows up here: http://www.avopolis.gr/news/default.asp?ID=5427

Babelfish translates it pretty poorly, but enough to understand that:

Then Billboard: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000624669

So, it is official. Rasmus, the owner of the Nirvana Fan Club site, said that this is what he started the site 8 years ago for. Finally, we Nirvana fans have got some good news to look forward to.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Holy fuck!!! You have no idea how excited I am for this set! I cannot wait to get myself a copy of this! :emoji_thumbsup:

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I will snag this up. A bonus DVD would be great....also Unplugged on dvd and other stuff would be great too. But I'm going to be happy for this to begin with.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
The release date is officially November 23, and according to Amazon.com the set is titled "With The Lights Out".

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
There’s 13 “previously released” songs on the box set and I’ve compile a list of possibilities (25) of songs not from the original albums but “previously released”:

1: “Spank Thru” – from Sub Pop 200 compilation

2: “Do You Love Me” – from Hard To Believe: A KISS Covers Album

3: “Here She Comes Now” – from Heaven and Hell: A Tribute to the Velvet Underground, Volume 1

4: “Return of the Rat” – from Fourteen Songs For Greg Sage & the Wipers”

5: “I Hate Myself And Want To Die” – from The Beavis & Butthead Experience

6: “Verse Chorus Verse” – from No Alternative

7: “Pay To Play” – from DGC Rarities Vol. 1

8: “Radio Friendly Unit Shifter” (live) – from Home Alive

9: “Rape Me” – from SNL: The Musical Performances, Vol. 2

10: “Been A Son” from Blew single (different than Incesticide)

11: “D7” – from Hormoaning E.P.

12: “You Know You’re Right” – from Nirvana: Greatest Hits

13: “About A Girl” (live) – from Sliver single

14: “Spank Thru” (live) from Sliver single

15: “Molly’s Lips” – from Sub Pop split 45 (different than Incesticide)

16: “Aneurism” – from Smells Like Teen Spirit single (different than Incesticide)

17: “School” (live) – from Lithium single

18: “Drain You” (live) – from Lithium single

19: “Sliver” (live) – from In Bloom single

20: “Polly” (live) – from In Bloom single

21: “Oh, The Guilt” – from split single (Jesus Lizards)

22: “Marigold” – from Heart Shaped Box single

23: “Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip” – from Heart Shaped Box 12” promo

24: “Moist Vagina” – from Rape Me single

25: “Even In His Youth” ” – from Hormoaning E.P.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Here are a few more details!

First off, Geffen Records has officially announced that it is coming out next month. http://www.geffen.com/news/news.asp?newsID=14466

Second, Geffen has put up an offical website for the set.
http://www.nirvanabox.com/

Finally, LiveDaily.com says that the set will include a 60 page full-color booklet with a chronology of the band and rare photos, and there will be liner notes written by Thurston Moore from the band Sonic Youth. They also report that there will be a music video made for one of the songs on the set, just like they did with "You Know You're Right" from the greatest hits compilation a few years ago. There will also be a 30 minute special about the set that will be aired on MTV2.

John Milton

Second Unit

Being that they took the time to create a website for this box, it's a real shame that they didn't put any effort into providing a tracklisting. :thumbsdown:

TedT

Second Unit
Yeah, it's a month away and they don't know what songs are on it yet??!??!! If they do know the track listing, why not share it with the fans?!?!?!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
The tracklisting hasn't been revealed to the public yet. Geffen probably has it determined, but they just want to keep it under wraps for some reason. They have said that the tracklisting will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Here is the possible coverart (which is posted over at www.amazon.de):

That's my only problem with the box set. Well, other than Geffen being so goddamn secretive. :D

Another interesting thing related to Nirvana. Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic made their first public appearance together in almost 10 years last Tuesday at a rally supporting John Kerry. Dave is on the left, and Krist is on the right side.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Or with Dave, maybe he just isn't photogenic :).

I'm really looking forward to this, but honestly, I want MTV Unplugged on dvd more than anything else... DTS would make me extremely happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks