Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
412 replies to this topic

#401 of 413 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted May 16 2005 - 07:25 AM

If holding Scrubs until later in the season means a continuous run a la 24 and Alias, I'm all for it. I wish all shows did that, but then you wouldn't have sweeps months!

#402 of 413 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,083 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted May 16 2005 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this (or any other) Scrubs thread, but the show is actually produced and owned by Touchstone, which is a division of Disney, who owns ABC. The reason that NBC has jerked it around various timeslots and otherwise messed with the show is because it's not owned by them. They aren't necessarily sabotaging the show, but they're not out to help it out, either. It's just popular enough for them to keep it around, but they don't want to promote something that is not theirs.
I don't believe this for a minute. There is no way NBC is going to sabotage a show they are paying for. It has been jerked around in an unsuccessful (and possibly misguided) effort to find a larger audience. They certainly didn't jerk "Friends" or "Seinfeld" around after they established themselves even though they came from WB and Sony.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#403 of 413 OFFLINE   Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted May 16 2005 - 08:12 AM

Quote:
If holding Scrubs until later in the season means a continuous run a la 24 and Alias, I'm all for it. I wish all shows did that, but then you wouldn't have sweeps months!

I don't believe that will happen - 24 and Alias are high profile shows while Scrubs is more of a niche show with many fans but too few viewers.

The most likely scenario is that they'll show a few episodes whenever they have a hole in their schedule.

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I think this will be the last season and I doubt it'll even be a full season.

#404 of 413 OFFLINE   Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow

Screenwriter

• 2,049 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 03:58 AM

E! Online's Kristen (who is not an entirely reliable source), has this bit of info:
Quote:
Does Scrubs get a full season even though it will start midseason?
"Definitely. We are 100 percent behind Scrubs and have given it a full-season pickup." NBC boss Kevin Reilly's words not mine.
I know the word of a network official means nothing, but the networks have been strangely truthful to pick-ups this year.
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
--Michael Scott, The Office

"When I get sad I just stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
--Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother

#405 of 413 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 05:41 AM

Again, the apparent reason for the delay is because Braff and Co. asked for time off to do movie work, not because of NBC.

#406 of 413 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted July 14 2005 - 12:43 PM

Congrats to Scrubs on their 4 nominations this morning for the 2005 Primetime Emmy Awards.

Outstanding Comedy Series (If it wins, I'll be doing my dance of joy all night long. Posted Image)

Zach Braff for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series

Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Series. (Is this correct? I thought Scrubs was a one-camera show.)

I just wish John C. McGinley could have gotten a nomination. Posted Image

#407 of 413 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 04:43 AM

I wish Sarah Chalke had been nominated!

#408 of 413 OFFLINE   Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 05:51 AM

From a TVGuide.com interview with Bill Lawrence:

Quote:
Lawrence: [...] it was tough to come back to a fifth year of this show when it didn't even have enough support from NBC to be on the fall lineup.

Quote:
TVGuide.com: So, was there some truth to NBC's contention that it was Zach's summer movie schedule that forced them to delay Scrubs' premiere?

Quote:
Lawrence: No. They let him do the movie after they decided it wasn't [going to be] on in the fall.

I hope they win the Emmy - just to show the people at NBC how stupid they are.

#409 of 413 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,972 posts

Posted July 15 2005 - 08:03 AM

Quote:
Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Series. (Is this correct? I thought Scrubs was a one-camera show.)

It is a one camera show. It was nominated for an ep called, I believe, "My Life in Four Cameras." JD imagines his life as a sitcom (the average, multi-camera ones) with the studio audience and lame jokes.

#410 of 413 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,304 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 15 2005 - 10:29 AM

My favorite quote from that interview:
Quote:
TVGuide.com: Now that you're in such a good mood, what can you tell me about the new season. I want scoop!

Lawrence: We don't have a ton yet because we've taken the attitude this year that we aren't really gonna do a lot of stunt casting. That is something NBC always pushes you to do, and you do it because you worry about being pulled during sweeps or not [being] promoted if you don't do it. But that's going to happen to us anyway, so we're just going to do whatever the hell we want to do.

#411 of 413 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,972 posts

Posted July 16 2005 - 05:25 AM

Bwah! Posted Image

#412 of 413 OFFLINE   BobbyPerry

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 01:53 AM

Quote:
My favorite quote from that interview:

TVGuide.com: Now that you're in such a good mood, what can you tell me about the new season. I want scoop!

Lawrence: We don't have a ton yet because we've taken the attitude this year that we aren't really gonna do a lot of stunt casting. That is something NBC always pushes you to do, and you do it because you worry about being pulled during sweeps or not [being] promoted if you don't do it. But that's going to happen to us anyway, so we're just going to do whatever the hell we want to do.

That is absolutely fantastic. I bet the next season will be the best ever because of it.
Link deleted by moderator; DO NOT REPOST.

#413 of 413 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted July 20 2005 - 11:01 AM

He told them didnt he?
Maybe NBC is Now regretting their decission to postpone the premiere to mid season?

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow