What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads-up, folks, but the season 4 premiere for Scrubs is on tomorrow night at 9:25 p.m. EDT (8/31/04).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I look at it as more Scrubs for me (albeit, probably only 2 more additional minutes of material in the 35 minute timeslot tonight).

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm off to set my VCR accordingly. I know, I know, I need to get a Tivo. :)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I'm on my way to getting a couple DTivos...ordered this morning.;) Anyhow, thanks for the heads up on 5 minutes early. I'm going to watch Amazing Race live and tape Father of the Pride and Scrubs.

Oh yeah, Heather Graham, bears repeating -->
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I have never used my TiVo (got it with DirecTV). Until tonight. Can't wait for Scrubs.

9:25 PM,
Chuck

Hopefully Garden State will help expand the audience (though they have little in commmon).

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ahh...the reunion of J.D. and Turk, J.D. fondling Katya, the Sugar Hill Gang, Malik blowing up, the singing patient, the scooter gang, and Kelso calling Turk "Turkelton" again.

The coffee on the pants and ehm...yeah. That was a bit much, but the ointment punchline was awesome.

:laugh:

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I couldn't stop laughing at them trying to find eachother. "From now on, this is roof A!"

The scooter gang was brilliant as well, the trick montage was great!

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Awesome surprise for me tonight as I didn't know the season opener was gonna be on. Thank God for Tivo and Season Passes! Last year it didn't start until October, so I was expecting the same.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had a smile the entire time during the season premiere. It was like having friends return from a short vacation.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I were laughing constantly. We had to rewind several times.

When Cox meets Heather Graham's character, puts his fingers on her lips and said "You lost me at hello" and then she says "Oh, no touchee" after she's had her hands on everyone's faces...was greatness. There was more comedy in that 8 second exchange than in most half hour shows.

I'm so happy it's back.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Funny thing my wife caught. In the sign in board(?), JD wrote Al Coholic or something like that. In the next scene, it said "ass face". I missed it (apparently censors too?) as I was drinking at the time and she was cracking up, "did you see that? ass-face on the white board?"

Good episode with lots of funny small bits (X in the parking lot, the singing patient). The JD/Turk reunion was hilarious. Although I wonder how far they're going to go with Heather's character's flighty-ness. Good to see Eliott find a new (hot) friend. I was feeling sorry for her.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the main players got as much play as they deserve. I also didn't think Cox was as obnoxiously cruel as he should be, except for the positively inspired speech about the things he cares as little about as J.D. (and the subsequent additions).

That's the bad. Good: Heather Graham was just as radiant as we'd know she'd be. Much less grating than Hot Doc. We didn't need another Cox; a hot, sexy female J.D. is perfect though. Graham's character is great at communicating exactly what's going on inside her head through her actions and expressions without the benefit of J.D.'s narration. Speaking of J.D., this episode made me realize just how polished the J.D./Turk dynamic has become. These characters play off each other and sync damned perfect now. Turk is perhaps the only character that can be played as cool and yet both be likable and show a complete and utter lack of dignity at nearly every turn. It always pisses me off what I read articles about the lack of diversity and the mentioned noteable exceptions almost never include "Scrubs." All these articles mention the shows with the token ethnic characters who are defined solely by their ethnic group. Have a show that utilizes a diverse cast as well as most shows handle their white-dominated casts, and noone even notices. Shouldn't that be the point?

Bob_C

Agent
Damn! I didn't know this was back already. I've been looking forward to this show all summer! Have to set the VCR next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks