Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Six Feet Under 8/29/04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 02:31 PM

Another great episode. I wasn't expecting Nate to give up the information regarding Lisa's burial so easily. I'm not too happy on the whole "custody battle" story-line, but I'm interested to see how it plays out. George was funny sinking his teeth into the bunker project, and it was good to see Federico pushing his way into Vanessa's life. What he did was wrong (with the stripper), but Vanessa is being a real bitch. The Russell/Claire thing was relatively predictable, but I'm with Russell...even if it wasn't wholly his idea, he certainly deserves some credit.

The preview for the next episode looks great. I hope this won't be the last episode of the show. I did notice that they called it the season finale rather than series finale, so hopefully that bodes well.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#2 of 28 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 03:37 PM

What the hell was Nate thinking giving up that information so easily?

I thought it was a good episode and have been generally pleased with the entire season.

#3 of 28 OFFLINE   Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator

• 196 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 05:02 PM

BILLY DID IT
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool"--Lester Bangs

#4 of 28 OFFLINE   AlexanderS

AlexanderS

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 05:30 PM

What would his motivation have been?

Anyone else think David is going to kill his abuser somehow?

#5 of 28 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
Anyone else think David is going to kill his abuser somehow?

I was thinking that, but I don't think it will happen.

I'm definitely liking Nate investigating who killed Lisa from the preview. I always thought it seemed like too much of a loose end.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#6 of 28 OFFLINE   Jefe Noche

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator

• 196 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 07:00 PM

Quote:
What would his motivation have been?

He did it for Brenda.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool"--Lester Bangs

#7 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.. and it would explain the photo.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#8 of 28 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 03:19 AM

They closed up the storylines regarding Lisa's burial and David's lawsuit very quickly, didn't they. I thought one of the storylines would be carried over to the next episode.

Interesting theory about Lisa's death.

Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#9 of 28 OFFLINE   Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack

Second Unit

• 349 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 03:23 AM

It could also be the man from the couple who went camping with them last season. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if it was Billy.
Michael's DVD's

#10 of 28 OFFLINE   Charles Guajardo

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 03:23 AM

what photo?

#11 of 28 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 05:26 AM

Quote:
They closed up the storylines regarding Lisa's burial and David's lawsuit very quickly, didn't they.
I'm not certain Lisa's burial really is done with. One, the burial itself could continue and to be an issue. Secodly it was the springboard to the custody battle.

I agree with the lawsuit storyline. You would at least expect the victim to want the medical bills covered.

#12 of 28 OFFLINE   Patrick_S

Patrick_S

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 05:28 AM

Quote:
what photo?
They showed the photo in the preview for the next episode.

#13 of 28 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,507 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted August 30 2004 - 06:44 AM

I have the same reaction Nate has - WHAT custody battle? He's the father, he's not a dead beat. His lie about Lisa's ashes has no legal bearing on custody.

I do like the Billy angle...ewwwwwww.

#14 of 28 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 07:53 AM

I've said it before but, someone killed lisa. It was either Brenda, Billy, their Mom or maybe Nate himself. He is kind of nuts.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#15 of 28 OFFLINE   Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 08:33 AM

For one of the few times this season, the death scene at the beginning of the episode had some real resonance. The guy losing his entire family was just brutal and was a perfect metaphor for Nate's (potential) situation. Nate stands to lose both his daughter (the most important person in his life) and his fledgling relationship with Brenda. From a purely legal/realistic standpoint, Barb's case would hinge on proving that Nate was somehow culpable in Lisa's death. Considering the strictures of the SFU universe, does anyone think Nate would do something like that?

George is becoming one of my favorite characters on the show. Say what you want about his Cassandra-like antics, he is amusing. Anyone think the Fishers will have occasion to use the bunker? We know that George is neurotic so, I suspect, fortifying the bunker might serve some future story line. Brenda's mom is always amusing as well. What a wonderful collection of second-tier characters on this show.

#16 of 28 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 09:40 AM

Quote:
I have the same reaction Nate has - WHAT custody battle? He's the father, he's not a dead beat. His lie about Lisa's ashes has no legal bearing on custody.
he may not be a dead-beat, but those circumstances are truly disturbing.

1. wife mysteriously dies
2. he *illegally* buries her in the middle of the desert
3. he admits he was high at the time
4. he brings brenda to the ash ceremony thing

believe me, if i was in cps, and i saw those bullet points, i would sure as hell check into it. especially point #2 ... i mean, wtf?

why in the world would billy kill lisa? for brenda???

russell is definitely getting the shaft. although he may not have finalized the concept, he was certainly involved in it's inception. hell, all claire has to do is give him some acknowledgement. she's smokin' way too much pot anyway.

i *totally* saw how david & keith were gonna get out of it. i *loved* how keith put his arm around dave as they left that guy's house. Posted Image

george is a pita...i don't like him.

finally, does federico have any legal standing here? yeah, he cheated, etc...but, afaik, vanessa hasn't formally filed anything? i think he's being whipped around needlessly...at least for now.

#17 of 28 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
1. wife mysteriously dies
2. he *illegally* buries her in the middle of the desert
3. he admits he was high at the time
4. he brings brenda to the ash ceremony thing

Add one more: his business commits an act of burial fraud, a felony, by presenting false goods.. ask Service Corp. International about how that works out. Yeah, all things considered, I think they could find someone in CPS to make his life hell for a good while.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#18 of 28 OFFLINE   Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
why in the world would billy kill lisa? for brenda???

Can anyone remember if Lisa goes missing before or after Billy tries to kiss Brenda?

I'm thinking if it's after, maybe he did it to try and atone for his mistake. Just a thought...

I have to say my viewing group saw this potential custody thing coming since last episode of Season 3. A little predictable, but we'll see where it goes.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#19 of 28 OFFLINE   Michael Henry

Michael Henry

Second Unit

• 357 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted August 31 2004 - 01:59 AM

I think Nate will start investigating the murdor, however all clues will eventually come back to him and we will find out he is the real killer...

I mean, come on, there has to be some weird wacked out ending to the series...
J. Michael Henry

#20 of 28 OFFLINE   Marc Fedderman

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted August 31 2004 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
I think Nate will start investigating the murdor, however all clues will eventually come back to him and we will find out he is the real killer...

...and Louis Cyphre put him up to it. Seriously, why would they want to end the show that way? Seems like a silly noir convention and this show has been anything but conventional. (Slight qualification: at its best, this show has been anything but conventional).

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow