What's new

THE MASK SE (retitled now that the disc is out) (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think he might be talking about an SE of the Jim Carrey movie. I remember reading something about an SE hitting in October for the release of the sequel, but since there hasn't been an announcement, it might have been delayed.

Just checked and if you are talking of this one, the sequel apparently won't be released til February so maybe they're holding it back.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

The 9/7 date is for the SE of Mask, the 1985 film directed by Peter Bogdanovich and starring Cher and Eric Stoltz.

M.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
They were supposed to be working on a new DTS 6.1 mix and a brand new anamorphic transfer. While The Mask isn't one of my favorite Carrey movies, I would probably double dip if the price is right.

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
my understanding was that we were going to get a true 16x9 transfer as well as a few new minutes. I've wanted this for a long time but didn't want the open matte full frame version.
i just thought of a funny image...eric stoltz in his mask make-up but green with really big teeth and a nice big yellow hat>>>:)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I'm assuming this thread is for Mask (Cher). Does anyone have any info on the changes made to this movie for the director's cut?:confused:

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
They added several new scenes, to the Cher Mask and changed the music to the origninal which was Bruce Springsteen songs, personally I really preferred the old music they had. But the picture quality is great, and the sound is alright.

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
Again, this thread was created in reference to THE Mask w/ JC. Not Mask w/ Cher. (but thanks for the mini review of the dir cut of Cher's Mask)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Guys, I don't think there IS a date for a SE of THE MASK. As Michael mentioned above, the 9/7 date is for MASK, the Cher/Stolz movie.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
THE Mask, has been rumored too be re-released since 'Day One'! Which put's it at the top of the list, of titles waiting to be reissued.

Josh Spies, speaks as if it's already been reissued (or he's seen a review copy)!?!?!?!?!?

Greg Black

Second Unit
Jeez, may as well just trash this thread, and start over with one that has "The Mask JIM CARREY/CAMERON DIAZ 1994" in the title.

lakshmant

Agent
the r2 french version had a very good anamorphic transfer in 1.85:1 ratio and english DTS and DD DTS rocks on the mask i own the new line DD version also and this blows it away except for PAL speedup which is noticeable to me .

it is now out of stock at amazon.fr.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Or we can rename it the "All-Inclusive "MASK" Films on DVD Thread." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member