Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

One more reason why digital is better than film. :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 09:19 AM

Blast Destroys Camera, Flash Card Survives

Quote:
Tuesday, August 24 @ 07:07:20 PDT

A news photographer's camera was destroyed during the recent demolition of a MIssissippi River bridge, but the camera's Compact Flash card survived to tell the story.

Posted Image
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted August 26 2004 - 10:57 AM

This guy was a genius!

“Really darling, I was photographing this bridge when it blew up my camera but since the compact flash card survived I’ll have to replace it with something compatible.

Didn’t Canon just release some new camera?... the 20B?... the 20D or something???"
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
“I had no idea that there would be such an impact on the cameras, or I wouldn’t have put them there,” he said.

Think the newspaper paid him "$15,000" in expenses, plus a little extra for his time, for the photos?

If not, this was one expensive assignment!

Forum Nav Content I Follow