Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
323 replies to this topic

#321 of 324 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted September 09 2006 - 11:55 AM

Harry, thanks for the V2 info. If I remember, "Raiders" is the best "Alien" ep for me. Figures that it's the one with the scratches. My 2nd favorite "Alien" ep was, I think, "Race Through Time". I think I have the title right. That's the one guest-starring Robert Duvall as the Time-Traveler from the future. I won't say more if some here blind-bought the set and haven't seen that one yet.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#322 of 324 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted September 09 2006 - 11:39 PM

The scratches on "Raiders From Outer Space" occur as Tony and Doug are entering the aliens' cave headquarters. They last for a couple of minutes and are quickly forgotten.

The other episode you mentioned with Robert Duvall is called "Chase Through Time", and technically, those aren't aliens, but rather futuristic humans in the silver and gold-colored makeup.

If you enjoyed Volume 1, there's no reason to avoid Volume 2.

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#323 of 324 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 21 2007 - 01:29 AM

I finally got around to watching the bonus movies on Volume 2. I really liked the 2002 pilot and think it is a shame the show never made it to network. I thought it was updated nicely, with enough touches from the original show to honor it, but modern enough that it could have had a shot with audiences.

The Time Travelers TV-movie from the 70s was also enjoyable, but I liked the 2002 pilot better. Still, the TV movie had some good writing (I expect no less from Rod Serling), although many of the hairstyles and clothing choices really date this movie (unlike the original TV show which has a more timeless appeal - no pun intended).

But I have to say that both were excellent choices as bonus material, and I thoroughly enjoyed them, as well as both volumes of the series.

#324 of 324 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,157 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted February 21 2007 - 08:52 AM

The 2002 pilot was pretty good, I have to admit. I didn't expect much, but they did a fairly decent job of keeping the familiar while turning the situation on its side to modernize it.

Several cast members of that pilot have gone on to bigger and better things. David Conrad, who played Doug Phillips, has been on GHOST WHISPERER for its two seasons on CBS this far, and Tawny Cypress, who played J.D., one of the time travelers, has been a semi-regular on HEROES on NBC this year.

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".