What's new

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Maybe the DVD masters are lost in the TIME TUNNEL (forgive the pun). I do want to see this series one of these days (since I don't have Encore Action) and hopefully FOX will include the unaired pilot for the remake series (FOX was planning a couple of years ago) on the DVD set.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Episode was shot...

Never aired......

Japanese Laserdisc box sets are out of this world costwise....

Dugger

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I've checked out the LDs on eBay. Ungodly expensive!!!!!! :D I guess I'll wait & wait & wait for it to come out on DVD. :frowning:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
"Two American scientists are lost in the swirling maze of past and future ages during the first experiments on America's greatest and most secret project...THE TIME TUNNEL! Tony Newman and Doug Phillips now tumble helplessly toward a new fantastic adventure...somewhere along the infinite corridors of Time."

Anyone else a "TT" fan? For a 1-season series, it's "timeless" and it's past "time" for it to get here. How about it, "General"? Transport us to ~Jan '06" in "time" for the DVD release? (sorry, couldn't resist :D )

Since the other Irwin Allen release "Lost In Space" seems to be doing well, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard anyting about this one. Irwin Allen was quoted as "Of all the series that I produced, TT was my personal favorite".

"Time Out" :D

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I would certainly buy this show without hesitation. And with Encore Action running really nice prints of the series (although the last episode has been edited to allow for a continuous rotation), there's good material with captioning available to use for a release.

Although this series lasted the shortest period of Irwin Allen's shows, it always seems to be the one remembered most fondly among people I speak to about it.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently, in the recent R2 re-release of X-Files, Fox put in an insert saying they would be releasing both Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in 2005.

Rutgar

Second Unit

Yes. Time Tunnel was one of the first Color TV shows I ever saw. I even remember the first time I saw the "green sweater" that Tony was wearing. Until that time, I thought it was Black.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I've taped the Encore Action run of Time Tunnel and have noticed varying running times. The pilot ran a whopping 55 minutes, while the other eps clocked in at 46-48, with a few--I think--running the normal 50-51. The "in color" bumper appears on a few.

Some Encore episodes are shorter because they don't have the epilog where Tony and Doug land in the site of the next week's episode. These epilogs usually end with the musical flourish and the title, "See this exciting adventure next week in...The Time Tunnel." This title, as well as the opening narration cited by an above post, aren't always used, but those may have been changes made as the series progressed. Some epilogs must have come from rerun prints, as the next-week episodes don't have the pair landing in the place/time where they did in the original airdate order.

BTW, how do you guys (those who have posted above) view this series--seriously or with a Mystery Science Theater bad-sci-fi eye?

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
eBay link removed by moderator. HTF Rule 8: "We do not permit . . . (b) any type of active auction link . . . ." -- MR

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I noticed on Amazon.com a link to a "Nick at nite" page that sells THE TIME TUNNEL on a 5-disc DVD set-it even has an EAN/UPC number!
Is this legit?
Did FOX farm out or sell the rights?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Interesting....I wonder what's happening here? All I know is that TT is among my all-time "wants" on DVD :emoji_thumbsup: My opinon and Irwin Allen's as well, who was quoted as saying that "TT was my personal favorite of my TV series productions."

JeffT.

Deceased Member

I think that Irwin Allen (June 12th, 1916 - November 02nd, 1991) was naturally partial to all his 1960s SF tv series as any parent would tend to care for all their children but certainly VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (ABC 1964-68) must have been very dear to his heart being his first ambitious undertaking and whose trememdous success with 1960s tv audiences launched the Irwin Allen television dynasty that has endured well into the 21st Century.

Online word has it (allegedly based on comments recently made by Kevin Burns of Synthesis Entertainment) that 20th Century-Fox Home Entertainment intends to release at least one of the other Irwin Allen classic SF tv franchises later in the year (after some considerable restoration work is completed on the sadly aging 35mm source elements) and my money's on the likeliness that it will definitely be VOYAGE that comes out first. It certainly won't be soon enough for me!

Don't forget the (extensive) discussion thread on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (that's almost a year old now incidentally):

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

Jeff T.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Voyage is one that I'd get as well. But it's not my #1 ;) "I'm a TT fanatic". I hope that the insert info from the R2 X-Files is accurate:

That way, "JeffT" and I are both :) 'ing (BTW, I'm also an "Invaders" fan too)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks