-

Photo
- - - - -

TIME TUNNEL! - Where Are You?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
323 replies to this topic

#1 of 324 Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor

• 663 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 12:17 AM

'nuff said!
Check out - CONFESSION

Coming Soon to the Dare To Direct CHILLERTV contest!

#2 of 324 Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 02:42 AM

On the Encore ACTION channel every Friday and Saturday morning.

#3 of 324 David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 05:16 AM

Maybe the DVD masters are lost in the TIME TUNNEL (forgive the pun). I do want to see this series one of these days (since I don't have Encore Action) and hopefully FOX will include the unaired pilot for the remake series (FOX was planning a couple of years ago) on the DVD set.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#4 of 324 Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted August 26 2004 - 09:46 AM

I'm not sure that pilot was ever shot; I had been under the impression it never made it past the planning stage.

#5 of 324 Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor

• 663 posts

Posted August 29 2004 - 10:21 PM

Episode was shot...

Never aired......

Japanese Laserdisc box sets are out of this world costwise....

Dugger
Check out - CONFESSION

Coming Soon to the Dare To Direct CHILLERTV contest!

#6 of 324 Henry V

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted August 30 2004 - 09:53 AM

Hopefully Fox will put this classic TV series on the fast track.

#7 of 324 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted August 31 2004 - 04:27 AM

Quote:
Japanese Laserdisc box sets are out of this world costwise....
Yes, I've checked out the LDs on eBay. Ungodly expensive!!!!!! Posted Image I guess I'll wait & wait & wait for it to come out on DVD. Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#8 of 324 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 24 2005 - 12:47 PM

"Two American scientists are lost in the swirling maze of past and future ages during the first experiments on America's greatest and most secret project...THE TIME TUNNEL! Tony Newman and Doug Phillips now tumble helplessly toward a new fantastic adventure...somewhere along the infinite corridors of Time."

Anyone else a "TT" fan? For a 1-season series, it's "timeless" and it's past "time" for it to get here. How about it, "General"? Transport us to ~Jan '06" in "time" for the DVD release? (sorry, couldn't resist Posted Image )

Since the other Irwin Allen release "Lost In Space" seems to be doing well, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard anyting about this one. Irwin Allen was quoted as "Of all the series that I produced, TT was my personal favorite".

"Time Out" Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#9 of 324 Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 01:33 PM

I would certainly buy this show without hesitation. And with Encore Action running really nice prints of the series (although the last episode has been edited to allow for a continuous rotation), there's good material with captioning available to use for a release.

Although this series lasted the shortest period of Irwin Allen's shows, it always seems to be the one remembered most fondly among people I speak to about it.
Deb Walsh (debwalsh@aol.com)
http://www.debwalsh.com/press/

#10 of 324 Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 07:57 PM

I would love to see it. And I want it with the In Color restored to the opening.

#11 of 324 DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 10:17 PM

Apparently, in the recent R2 re-release of X-Files, Fox put in an insert saying they would be releasing both Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in 2005.

#12 of 324 Rutgar

Rutgar

Second Unit

• 495 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 01:42 AM

Quote:
And I want it with the In Color restored to the opening.

Yes. Time Tunnel was one of the first Color TV shows I ever saw. I even remember the first time I saw the "green sweater" that Tony was wearing. Until that time, I thought it was Black.

#13 of 324 Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 335 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 07:02 AM

I've taped the Encore Action run of Time Tunnel and have noticed varying running times. The pilot ran a whopping 55 minutes, while the other eps clocked in at 46-48, with a few--I think--running the normal 50-51. The "in color" bumper appears on a few.

Some Encore episodes are shorter because they don't have the epilog where Tony and Doug land in the site of the next week's episode. These epilogs usually end with the musical flourish and the title, "See this exciting adventure next week in...The Time Tunnel." This title, as well as the opening narration cited by an above post, aren't always used, but those may have been changes made as the series progressed. Some epilogs must have come from rerun prints, as the next-week episodes don't have the pair landing in the place/time where they did in the original airdate order.

BTW, how do you guys (those who have posted above) view this series--seriously or with a Mystery Science Theater bad-sci-fi eye?

#14 of 324 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
Anyone else a "TT" fan?

Yes, there are several existing threads, and I've combined yours with one of them. Look here as well:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea/Time Tunnel thread

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#15 of 324 Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 04:24 AM

eBay link removed by moderator. HTF Rule 8: "We do not permit . . . (b) any type of active auction link . . . ." -- MR
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

#16 of 324 Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 09:44 AM

Sorry---didn't know. PM me if you want the link
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

#17 of 324 Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 06:57 AM

I noticed on Amazon.com a link to a "Nick at nite" page that sells THE TIME TUNNEL on a 5-disc DVD set-it even has an EAN/UPC number!
Is this legit?
Did FOX farm out or sell the rights?
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#18 of 324 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted May 10 2005 - 07:45 AM

Interesting....I wonder what's happening here? All I know is that TT is among my all-time "wants" on DVD Posted Image My opinon and Irwin Allen's as well, who was quoted as saying that "TT was my personal favorite of my TV series productions."

#19 of 324 JeffT.

JeffT.

Supporting Actor

• 856 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

I think that Irwin Allen (June 12th, 1916 - November 02nd, 1991) was naturally partial to all his 1960s SF tv series as any parent would tend to care for all their children but certainly VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (ABC 1964-68) must have been very dear to his heart being his first ambitious undertaking and whose trememdous success with 1960s tv audiences launched the Irwin Allen television dynasty that has endured well into the 21st Century.

Online word has it (allegedly based on comments recently made by Kevin Burns of Synthesis Entertainment) that 20th Century-Fox Home Entertainment intends to release at least one of the other Irwin Allen classic SF tv franchises later in the year (after some considerable restoration work is completed on the sadly aging 35mm source elements) and my money's on the likeliness that it will definitely be VOYAGE that comes out first. It certainly won't be soon enough for me!

Don't forget the (extensive) discussion thread on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (that's almost a year old now incidentally):

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA

Jeff T.

#20 of 324 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted May 11 2005 - 09:43 AM

Voyage is one that I'd get as well. But it's not my #1 Posted Image "I'm a TT fanatic". I hope that the insert info from the R2 X-Files is accurate:

Quote:
Apparently, in the recent R2 re-release of X-Files, Fox put in an insert saying they would be releasing both Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in 2005.

That way, "JeffT" and I are both Posted Image 'ing (BTW, I'm also an "Invaders" fan too)

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow