What's new

What Miramax/Dimension titles are waiting for DVD (including long delayed ones)? (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Variety has reported MINDHUNTERS is heading straight to DVD (after they pulled it from the theatrical release schedule twice), and so is the 2000 film DARKNESS (starring Anna Paquin).

So I wonder if people here can tell me what titles have been waiting to come to DVD (especially long-delayed titles) given Miramax/Dimension's way of making more movies go straight to DVD.

So far I haven't heard of any official release dates for
DRACULA 3, HELLRAISER: DEADER, HELLRAISER: HELLWORLD, THE TOUCH, THE PROPHECY 4 and 5, and the MODESTY BLAISE prequel Miramax filmed (so they could hold onto the film rights).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Did they finally announce a R1 release date for The Hole?

Cursed was delayed several times, and Dimension also just pushed Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm back about ten months.

Dimension really needs a new Scream or Scary Movie series. ;)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I would love to see re-releases of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995) and Halloween 7: Twenty Years Later (1998). Both need 16:9 enhanced transfers.

PeterSOB

Grip
I don't think that Miramax owns the video rights to Double Life of Veronique. When it was released, the home video rights were sold to Paramount (same as Delicatessan and others)and I presume they still own them. I think I read somewhere, however, that the agreement was about to expire and that Miramax would be putting them out themselves.

With Mindhunters going straight to video, I guess, to quote a long-forgotten joke, Renny Harlin really is Finnish in Hollywood.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I believe Miramax brought the rights several years to the charming Australian romantic comedy, Paperback Hero, starring Hugh Jackman (pre-X-Men) and Claudia Karvan.

Of course they immediately shoved it up onto the shelf, where I imagine it's gathered a foot of dust by now.

But I have the Australian R4 DVD in the meantime... :)

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen it mentioned more than once that they have R1 rights to Welles' "Chimes at Midnight", but that might be hearsay.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
They do have Sonatine scheduled for DVD in November on the same day as Zatochi (reported recently by the digital bits).

As for Halloween 6, I hope they release the producer's cut (45 minutes of different footage with an alternate ending) which is the original version of the movie (and I think the better of the two versions of H6). I would love to see a Collector's edition of Equilibrium (but with the cool R3 artwork used for the Korean DVD release).

P.S. Does anyone in this forum subscribe to Variety? If so, please track down the article on Mindhunters going direct to DVD and please post what other titles mentioned in the article are going to DVD.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Good news about Sonatine. I read that Kitano's Dolls is finally getting a US release this fall, maybe around the same time.

And a CE of Equilibrium would be very cool as Batmanticipation grows!

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
I believe this was asked a month or two ago.

My vote still goes to Enchanted April. Hasn't anyone else heard of this one? Alfred Molina should be more in demand now after starring in some other movie called Spider-Man 2 or something like that....

Mike Newell directed, also stars Jim Broadbent and Miranda Richardson!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Zu Warriors, which I've heard was cut to hell and dubbed, but if Shaolin Soccer is any indication, we could get the orignal as well.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ha ha! I watched a copy of it while I was in Taiwan, and I remembered seeing a trailer for it a long time ago. I wondered why it received so little publicity when it was supposed to come out here in the States.

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator
Robert Rodriguez's Roadracers. It was announced awhile back and then shelved. The laserdisc had a great commentary track and I would like to to retire it.

Also waiting for the Spy Kids re-release...

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I'm surprised nobody has mention this, but DVD File reported on August 15th that My Name is Modesty will be released by Buena Vista on September 28th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks