Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lumix FZ20 Lives!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 25 2004 - 05:38 AM

People are reporting on DPReview that they have received the camera! Initial talk has been very, very positive. But the only places to order it appear to be Amazon and Circuit City -- Circuit City was completely out of stock by the end of the first day, and Amazon says they'll be shipping it on September 21 (which is *during* my #$(*&#$* vacation!!! Posted Image ). I tried calling a bunch of local stores, and nobody's gotten it yet.

If anyone here gets a chance to try one out, please post what you think (or where you found it)!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 08:20 AM

I've been following the threads over at DPReview for some time, and the FZ20 is on my short list of wants right now. My only beef is the video mode, compared to the Canon S1 IS which does VGA @ 30FPS, this only does 320x240 @ 10fps if I read it right. Movies aren't the primary use for the cam I know, but it would be nice if it was just a tad better on the video side of it. I won't have the funds for this camera for at least a month from the looks of things.
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 08:44 AM

As of 3:44pm Central today, their website shows it back in stock. They were out about an hour ago.
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 25 2004 - 10:49 AM

It seems to be bouncing in and out of stock constantly. Good luck! I may try and catch one.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick