What's new

Ewok Adventures: Caravan Of Courage / The Battle For Endor (1 Viewer)

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
Fox have announced the release of the 2 Return Of The Jedi ewok spin off movies The Caravan Of Courage and The Battle For Endor for US DVD release this November:

You can find our article here.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I remembered seeing a movie as a kid where these little kids are lost on the Ewok planet and they have to go on some adventure where they fight huge spiders. Thats all I remember, but does that sounds like either of these movies?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Oh hell yeah. a family on a trip in their personal star cruiser crashes and they are stuck on the Ewok planet and fight off a giant wolf creature, spiders in a huge cave, and they hang out in the ewok village and Wicket trys to hang-glide. then the Caravan one, they get gifts from one of the Ewoks and they have special powers and have to travel to save their parents from the giant.

my question is is it widescreen? 5.1? it sounds bare bones.

"Star Cruiser....Crash, CRASH CRASH" - Wicket

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Totally random-ass questions, but were these movies supposed to take place before the SW films or after? Besides the ewoks, are there any major references to the other SW movies?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
When I renewed my Star Wars Fan club membership, I was sent one of the origianl animation cells from the Ewoks cartoon series. I actually got a good one with a full ewok running and not some partial.

Now I need to see this show.

As for the two made-for-television shows...

Worth a blind buy? These have major cheese factor, I would only buy for light-hearted "oh this is sooo bad" kind of fun.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I did not realize they were made for tv movies. Even so, they must have recorded them originaly in widescreen. knowing Lucas I doubt he would allow anyone to film using some cheap camcorder.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Yes but film cameras are still square frame wise unless it is "matted". I doubt it was filmed with any matting in mind. I don't think theatrical presentations were ever considered.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Both were released theatrically in Europe. Whether this was taken into account during filming, I dunno. I'd bet 3:4 was the intended ratio.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Are these worth a blind buy?"

No, but you'll wish you were blind when you watch them. These made-for-tv kiddie films make the Gungan/Droid battle in Phantom Menace look like Saving Private Ryan.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Ernest I nearly spewed my diet coke all over my pc when reading that! :D

Never saw these either and will pass. Bring on the Clone Wars dvds though.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

That may be true of the second one, but the first (where Wicket can't speak) is very entertaining.*

(* Disclaimer: the last time I saw this movie I was 10)

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
When I was younger, I thought it was HILARIOUS that they spend the whole first movie rescuing the parents and in the second one, the parents DIE in the first ten minutes!!! hahaha, yes, yes, I did have a messed up childhood :P

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
I believe I saw one of these in the cinema when growing up! As I was probably 8ish at the time, I'm afraid I can't remember the exact aspect ratio. However I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed them, once again that could be due to my age! For the ridiculously low price though I'm willing to give these a try!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks