Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ewok Adventures: Caravan Of Courage / The Battle For Endor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 04:42 AM

Fox have announced the release of the 2 Return Of The Jedi ewok spin off movies The Caravan Of Courage and The Battle For Endor for US DVD release this November:

Quote:
With next month's release of the 'Holy Trilogy', it was inevitable that 20th Century Fox would soon announce the release of everything else Star Wars releated that had not yet made it to DVD. November 23rd will see the long-awaited release of the two Star Wars ewok spin off movies Caravan Of Courage and The Battle For Endor.

From what little detail Fox have supplied us with, it looks as if this will be a double-feature pack, with both movies in one set, have no extra features, and a very low SRP of $14.98.

Also announced for release on November 23rd are the 1980's Star Wars cartoon TV series Droids and Ewoks. We are yet to receive any further information regarding these two titles.

You can find our article here.

#2 of 32 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 04:46 AM

Wrong forum?

:}

#3 of 32 CraigL

CraigL

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 05:08 AM

All. Over. It.

#4 of 32 MikeEckman

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:21 AM

I remembered seeing a movie as a kid where these little kids are lost on the Ewok planet and they have to go on some adventure where they fight huge spiders. Thats all I remember, but does that sounds like either of these movies?
Mike Eckman
Chicago Heights, IL
Music Webpage: http://www.metalreviewcentre.com
Car Webpage: http://www.metalrevi...com/transam.htm

#5 of 32 Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:32 AM

Quote:
I remembered seeing a movie as a kid where these little kids are lost on the Ewok planet and they have to go on some adventure where they fight huge spiders. Thats all I remember, but does that sounds like either of these movies?

Oh hell yeah. a family on a trip in their personal star cruiser crashes and they are stuck on the Ewok planet and fight off a giant wolf creature, spiders in a huge cave, and they hang out in the ewok village and Wicket trys to hang-glide. then the Caravan one, they get gifts from one of the Ewoks and they have special powers and have to travel to save their parents from the giant.

my question is is it widescreen? 5.1? it sounds bare bones.

"Star Cruiser....Crash, CRASH CRASH" - Wicket

Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#6 of 32 Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor

• 902 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:35 AM

Totally random-ass questions, but were these movies supposed to take place before the SW films or after? Besides the ewoks, are there any major references to the other SW movies?

#7 of 32 Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:45 AM

Quote:
Totally random-ass questions, but were these movies supposed to take place before the SW films or after? Besides the ewoks, are there any major references to the other SW movies?

It's been a long time since I've seen these, but I think I remember Wicket learning to speak English in one of the movies. Since he can't do that in ROTJ, these movies probably take place afterward. (Unless I'm remembering wrong.)

my question is is it widescreen? 5.1? it sounds bare bones.

They're made-for-tv movies, so why would they be in widescreen?

#8 of 32 Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:47 AM

Are these worth a blind buy? ehe

only $15 MSRP
Out of college..
The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money

#9 of 32 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,444 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:56 AM

When I renewed my Star Wars Fan club membership, I was sent one of the origianl animation cells from the Ewoks cartoon series. I actually got a good one with a full ewok running and not some partial.

Now I need to see this show.

As for the two made-for-television shows...

Worth a blind buy? These have major cheese factor, I would only buy for light-hearted "oh this is sooo bad" kind of fun.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#10 of 32 Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 07:01 AM

Ok, sounds good then :P) Posted Image
Out of college..
The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money

#11 of 32 Jean D

Jean D

Screenwriter

• 1,329 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
They're made-for-tv movies, so why would they be in widescreen?

I did not realize they were made for tv movies. Even so, they must have recorded them originaly in widescreen. knowing Lucas I doubt he would allow anyone to film using some cheap camcorder.

Gear: Crestron AADS, Crestron 4L, RTI T2C, SVS PC 16-46, Xbox 360, Wii, Bass Shakers, TiVo HD, Toshiba A3 HD-DVD, 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK, two Denon AVR-2106's, Speaker Craft Aim 7 Five's, Samsung HD-950 DVD player.

#12 of 32 Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,316 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 08:50 AM

Yes but film cameras are still square frame wise unless it is "matted". I doubt it was filmed with any matting in mind. I don't think theatrical presentations were ever considered.
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#13 of 32 Tory

Tory

Screenwriter

• 1,300 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 25 2004 - 09:30 AM

Didn't these get theater time across the sea?
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#14 of 32 Jay Pennington

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

• 1,189 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 09:31 AM

Both were released theatrically in Europe. Whether this was taken into account during filming, I dunno. I'd bet 3:4 was the intended ratio.
-Jay

#15 of 32 Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister

Producer

• 4,148 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 02:49 PM

"Are these worth a blind buy?"

No, but you'll wish you were blind when you watch them. These made-for-tv kiddie films make the Gungan/Droid battle in Phantom Menace look like Saving Private Ryan.

#16 of 32 Tim Glover

Tim Glover

Lead Actor

• 7,607 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 04:06 PM

No, but you'll wish you were blind when you watch them. These made-for-tv kiddie films make the Gungan/Droid battle in Phantom Menace look like Saving Private Ryan

Ernest I nearly spewed my diet coke all over my pc when reading that! Posted Image

Never saw these either and will pass. Bring on the Clone Wars dvds though.

#17 of 32 PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
No, but you'll wish you were blind when you watch them. These made-for-tv kiddie films make the Gungan/Droid battle in Phantom Menace look like Saving Private Ryan.

That may be true of the second one, but the first (where Wicket can't speak) is very entertaining.*

(* Disclaimer: the last time I saw this movie I was 10)

#18 of 32 JavierS

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:40 PM

When I was younger, I thought it was HILARIOUS that they spend the whole first movie rescuing the parents and in the second one, the parents DIE in the first ten minutes!!! hahaha, yes, yes, I did have a messed up childhood Posted Image

#19 of 32 Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 329 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted August 25 2004 - 06:49 PM

The older brother dies in the first 10 minutes too....and his name is MACE. Possible spoiler? lol
IMPERIAL OFFICER: Lord Vader, I can't find the Central Navigational Network!

VADER (points to control panel): This......is CNN.

#20 of 32 James Lambert

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator

• 118 posts

Posted August 25 2004 - 10:03 PM

I believe I saw one of these in the cinema when growing up! As I was probably 8ish at the time, I'm afraid I can't remember the exact aspect ratio. However I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed them, once again that could be due to my age! For the ridiculously low price though I'm willing to give these a try!
Knowing my luck, if there is such a thing as re-incarnation, I'd come back as me!

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow