-

Photo

Warner's Elvis Collection, new anamorphic Viva Las Vegas????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Brian W

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 03:28 AM

Was in a local store that had the new box set on the shelf early (due next week I thought).

I notice all the new to DVD releases in the box (like Speedway) are in plastic cases while Viva and Jailhouse are in cardboard snappers as with their earlier releases. Is this what it appears, same old releases of Viva and Jailhouse?

#2 of 4 Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 04:41 AM

Yes.

#3 of 4 Christopher D

Christopher D

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 09:38 AM

Yes. I got this early -- Viva Las Vegas is not anamorphic.

Heartbreak Hotel, baby . . . .

#4 of 4 Brian W

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted August 22 2004 - 10:40 AM

Disappointing to SAY THE LEAST, from the much adored and #1 Warners people. Viva is considered in many circles as the best and should have received a SE treatment (with Ann Margaret's participation anyone?), possibly the two disc treatment, not to mention a new anamorphic transfer (ultra resolution?). For most Elvis fans, this is the crown jewel Warners owns, yet they leave it as is where they had a opportunity to tie it in with this box set release. Guess I will not buy the box set, just the new individual titles.

Just goes to show, the pendulum does swing both ways with Warners, though it goes with out saying their releases excel above most of the other studios, just another glitch in their typically stellar record.

Cabaret anyone?