What's new

Warner's Elvis Collection, new anamorphic Viva Las Vegas???? (1 Viewer)

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Was in a local store that had the new box set on the shelf early (due next week I thought).

I notice all the new to DVD releases in the box (like Speedway) are in plastic cases while Viva and Jailhouse are in cardboard snappers as with their earlier releases. Is this what it appears, same old releases of Viva and Jailhouse?

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Disappointing to SAY THE LEAST, from the much adored and #1 Warners people. Viva is considered in many circles as the best and should have received a SE treatment (with Ann Margaret's participation anyone?), possibly the two disc treatment, not to mention a new anamorphic transfer (ultra resolution?). For most Elvis fans, this is the crown jewel Warners owns, yet they leave it as is where they had a opportunity to tie it in with this box set release. Guess I will not buy the box set, just the new individual titles.

Just goes to show, the pendulum does swing both ways with Warners, though it goes with out saying their releases excel above most of the other studios, just another glitch in their typically stellar record.

Cabaret anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks