What's new

Midnite Movies-Bestbuy Exclusives..which ones are you getting on Tuesday?? (1 Viewer)

For me,It's COUNT YORGA/RETURN OF COUNT YORGA,
THEATER OF BLOOD/MADHOUSE,LAND THAT TIME FORGOT/PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT.Some of these are DVD first-timers.
I may squeeze in ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE/VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS(MST3k did a funny take on that)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
There are several titles that i certainly wish to obtain!!! Are they to be available at ALL best buys?? Living in up state New York....Our Best Buy is not the largest. i hope they are all there!!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I believe all the titles will also be available at Bestbuy.com. For me it's Vincent Price-o-rama:

Theatre of Blood/Madhouse
The Abominable Dr. Phibes/Dr. Phibes Rises Again

Can't wait!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
IIRC many of these were available to be ordered from DVDsoon when I checked on July 7, JIC your BB doesn't get them.

My question is: has anybody lately ordered/received the single disc versions of those that will be moved to "double features"? I ordered some of them on 7/7, my "last chance" and cheap, but haven't got a one yet.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm looking forward to seeing Gas-ssss/Wild In The Streets.

maybe later on Empire Of The Ants/ Tentacles

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I'm picking up:

Land That Time Forgot / People That Time Forgot
Count Yorga Vampire / Return Of Count Yorga
Theatre Of Blood / Madhouse
Invasion Of The Star Creatures / Invasion Of The Bee Girls
Gas-s-s-s / Wild In The Streets
Empire Of The Ants / Tentacles
Abominable Dr. Phibes / Dr. Phibes Rises Again
Fall Of The House Of Usher, The / Pit And The Pendulum

I sold my single disc versions as soon as these were announced. Let's hope they're readily available come Tuesday.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Why did you get rid of your single disc editions? They're not new transfers. Just wondering, not too late for me to change my order, though I suspect I'll never get them now. Two singles were the same price as a double, and sometimes (cheap) flippers are problematical, but I've never had trouble with the MMs.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Phibes & Yorga from dvdsoon; I would have liked Theatre of Blood / Madhouse but they are non-anamorphic 1.66:1 and 1.85:1 transfers apparently - can anyone confirm?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
This is the weakest batch of Midnite Movies yet - where is Burn, Witch... Burn!, may I ask? Or Witchfinder General?

I already own Theatre Of Blood, Abominable Dr. Phibes, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Fall Of The House Of Usher and Pit And The Pendulum. But fans of the other films will be pleased.

I just hope that next year we some heavyweight horror gems.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The $9.99 price tag is not outrageous so I will get them even if I have one of the titles. These are the ones that
I want.

Return of Count Yorga
Invasion of Bee Girls
Madhouse
Tentacles
Land That Time Forgot

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'm in the same boat as Jack. I sold off all my singles for around $7 plus I need the extra shelf space. I'll be picking up all the double features over the next month or so.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Good enough reasons: I suspected it might be shelf space as that was a consideration for me too. And yes, the price of the doubles is right, and if you can sell the singles well...

I am late getting into the Midnite Movies as the good ones aren't seen in the local stores, so I only knew of them via this forum. It was the singles of Abominable Dr. Phibes, Fall Of The House Of Usher and Pit And The Pendulum that I was trying to get.

It looks like I'll be getting the doubles anyway, the way things are going. My list includes all (though often there's only one feature I'm interested in) except the "Count Yorga" and "Empire" ones.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Check Best Buy's website. I think they have some out and there are a few covers in their weekly ad.

If these releases are Best Buy exclusives, why isn't Best Buy promoting them? They're tough to find on the site, and the listing is incomplete (only mentioning the first title, no picture or specs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks