What's new

The Final Season of Buffy Announced (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Specs and cover art up here.

I am not a fan of the cover art. It doesn't even make sense. I would much prefer a whole picture of the entire ensemble for once. Put Anthony Stewart Head on the coverart for pete's sake! It's bad enough that he gets the shaft on the disc art.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
That picture of Buffy looks a lot like the one on the Season 6 cover. And I too was hoping that some of the other characters would be featured on the cover, instead of having Spike there again. I would've loved it if Caleb and Giles were there with Buffy in the middle, for instance.

Still, the extras look good. Looking forward to the "Dirty Girls" commentary with Nick Brendon.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Not a big fan of Season 7, but I will gladly buy it for the few stand-out episodes. I'm also anxious to hear the Drew Goddard commentaries, he was a consistantly great writer on the last season of both Buffy and Angel.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

That's probably because the photo was taken during Season 6. There weren't any promo pics done for Season 7. The R2 set has a similar pic on the cover.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately I didn't like any of the pics for S6, so to be stuck with them for two years is especially irritating.

Two good things about this cover:
- Pretty colour.
- Spike ;)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I would have liked to get in some more actor commentaries. Particularly Emma Caulfield and Eliza Dushku, but looks like a pretty good set overall.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
That cover photo looks like the Buffy-bot... or perhaps SMG was auditioning for the Stepford Wives remake?

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Would the Easter Egg mentioned likely be the lengthy "previously on" for "The Gift" at the end of Season 5? I believe that was one of the eggs on the Season 7 UK package, though I may be mistaken.

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
There were NO promo pics done for Season 7. The picture of Spike is from Season 6 as well.

I like the cover art, the color is perfect. It would have been nice to have a Buffy/Willow/Xander/Giles cover, but I'll live, no doubt.

I'm glad to see there are some, for almost the first time I know Seth did one a while back on S4), cast commentaries. I'm glad we're getting "The Gift" montage as an Easter Egg, but I'm a little dissapointed that it isn't coming out in October like they had promised on the slip. This is the first time this has happened with the Buffy sets. All previous ones were included within the timeframe from the last box set in the series.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Well, I've enjoyed the ride. I've watched these episodes for the first time as I've bought the DVD sets. Bring on season 7. I'm glad that we might get this montage of "The Gift" since I've never seen it.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Having the montage is nice, but the whole thrill of it was that it went right into the episode. That's no longer true.

Buffy looks really off on that cover. It's not that the picture's from season 7... but she looks high...

I'd say they'd have done better by taking a picture from an actual episode of the series... rather than a promotional photo.

I'd stick willow/xander/dawn or SOMEONE else on the cover as well. It's not even with just the two of them. Reminds me of season 4's cover...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Why not put that shot of them from the last scene all standing together?
As for the cover. I think they tweeked her eyes to look bluer.
I think Spike was put there so all the young girls would buy it.

It would be nice if Sarah actually did a commentary on an episode

JulianK

Supporting Actor

It would have been nice if Sarah had made any contribution to the bonus materials for the DVD at all. Period.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think it's funny that he laughed at people for buying the DVDs at all. "They're on FX two times a day!"

Maybe she should give up those royalties... ;)

I agree, if that image of them from the final episode standing there is available to use as the insert, then they can find an equally good shot from SOME episodes in the 7th season... that at least doesn't make her look high, and doesn't totally resemble season 6's cover art. She's wearing the same freakin' outfit!

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
I take comfort and joy knowing this slapdash cover will be replaced, on my shelf, by Dr. Michael Miskulin's "red book" design for the season.

If you haven't seen his work, it's a real treat...

Found one, although it's small:

CDE,

CS

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
Does SMG or Hannigan ever give reasons they don't do stuff for the DVD's (and thus the fans)? Didn't SMG do a Scooby Doo commentary?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
The Buffy/Spike cover is appropriate since it sums up everything that went wrong with season 7: what was supposed to be a throwback to the early seasons (mostly self-contained stories, a simpler story arc, and centred around the high school setting) became a tedious repetitive soap-opera thanks to the overemphasis on Spike (which happened partly because of network prodding and partly because of the producers' infatuation with this boring character). Up until the end of "Conversations With Dead People" it's a pretty good season. But once they get into all the stuff about Spike this and Spike that, and then the crap about "The First" (who was a really bad choice for a season-long villain), it became dull. So the cover lets you know what you're in for: if you don't like Fonzie Spike, beware. :)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the Seventh Season, even if it was one of the weaker over all.

As for the cover art, I love the scheme they used. They did change the color of Sarah's eyes, because she has green/brown eyes really. The entire season revolved around the Buffy/Spike true love arc, so it's only appropriate to have them on the cover. I wouldn't have liked them to use one of the "final shots" as the cover, because it would have looked out of place and too cluttered. I think it's fine as is. :)

I really wonder why Sarah has never done anything for the Buffy bonus features. She isn't ashamed of the series, she talks about it wherever she goes, and gives it nothing but praise. Could it be possible the producers of the disc just didn't ask her? Do you think maybe they figured she would want too much money to be involved, and never bothered to ask? I can't imagine her saying no, I really can't. She even said the amount of money she was getting for Buffy was more than she could ever dream of, and that it had nothing to do with her decision to leave. I mean, she was getting 250,000 per, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks