Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is the new Panasonic 53X54 the Best Price/Performace RPTV on the Market- I think so!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   JohnKings

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted August 17 2004 - 07:40 AM

Hello:

I have owned a Hitach S series tv. I have had a current Mitsubishi Diamond series RPTV in my house. I have seen all of the various new technology (DLP/Plasma/LCD) TVs available and I can honestly say that right now I think this TV represents the most compelling bargain in big screens. I thought my eyes were fooling me when I first witnessed this TV in a local department store, so I didn't pay it the respect it was due. However, when I went to Circuit City to look at a broad range of TVs, I still thought the picture on this TV was as good as anything on display.

I am very obssessive when it comes to picture quality and for me to be even considering a bargain priced TV is saying something.

I was most impressed by the convergence and overall focus on these sets. This allowed for a very sharp and detailed picture. I also did not notice an emphesis on any color (i.e. red push) (this should not suggest that the color decoding is accurate out of the box as I am very certain it is not even close). I will say that I did not get to see this TV with an SD or DVD source so I cannot say what it looks like in these areas. That said, i have heard from others - who have seen SD/DVD on this TV - that it provides an excellent picture in this area as well.

Anyway, I am very impressed with this TV and am considering purchasing it. At my local Boscov's it is avaliable for ~ $1300 shipped. In my mind this is truly a great bargain.

I am interested in hearing others thoughts on this TV.

John