What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/17/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?
–Joe Pesci as the Tommy Devito (Goodfellas – 1990)

[c]The Weekly RoundUp[/c]
[C]
_____________TITLE_____________ _ _Amazon _ BestBuy _ CrcCity _ Target_ _ Costco_
After Hours___________________ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Alice Doesn’t Live Here... SE_ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Babylon 5: The Movies_________ _ $41.99 __ $47.99 __ $39.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Bon Voyage____________________ _ $20.97 __ $26.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Candyman SE___________________ _ $13.96 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Chopping Mall_________________ _ $10.49 __ $10.99 __ $12.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
**Connie and Carla____________ _ $20.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Da Ali G Show: Season 1_______ _ $20.96 __ $22.99 __ $22.99 __ $22.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Dinner For Five: Season 1_____ _ $24.58 __ $24.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Duel CE_______________________ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $12.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Gia (NR)______________________ _ $_N/A_ __ $_9.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Godsend_______________________ _ $18.89 __ $17.99 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $16.99 __
Goodfellas SE_________________ _ $18.89 __ $15.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Guyver (Dir. Cut)_________ _ $17.37 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Guyver 2__________________ _ $17.37 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Happy Days: Season 1__________ _ $27.29 __ $27.99 __ $29.99 __ $29.99 __ $24.99 __
Lateline: Complete Series_____ _ $33.92 __ $31.99 __ $29.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Laverne & Shirley: Season 1___ _ $27.29 __ $27.99 __ $29.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $24.99 __
The Mangler___________________ _ $17.37 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Margaret Cho Collection___ _ $34.99 __ $32.99 __ $34.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Martin Scorsese Collection _ $41.94 __ $49.99 __ $49.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Mayor of Sunset Strip_____ _ $21.73 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Mean Streets SE_______________ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Mickey’s Three Musketeers_____ _ $25.49 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __
A Million to Juan_____________ _ $_9.98 __ $_9.99 __ $_9.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
**New York Minute_____________ _ $19.57 __ $19.99 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Past Midnight_________________ _ $13.96 __ $16.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Redemption____________________ _ $26.08 __ $24.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Saved By/Bell:College Years: S1_ $24.49 __ $25.99 __ $24.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Seeing Other People___________ _ $23.48 __ $24.99 __ $27.00 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Stir of Echoes SE_____________ _ $17.38 __ $14.99 __ $12.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
The Sugarland Express_________ _ $13.99 __ $14.99 __ $17.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
**Taking Lives________________ _ $19.57 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Triggermen____________________ _ $23.47 __ $19.99 __ $19.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
Who’s That Knocking/Door? SE__ _ $13.98 __ $14.99 __ $15.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $_N/A_ __
[/C]

Titles in the Collections listed in the above RoundUp:

The Martin Scorsese Collection: Goodfellas, Mean Streets, After Hours, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Who’s That Knocking At My Door?

The Margaret Cho Collection: I’m the One That I Want, Notorious C.H.O., Revolution.

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including (or the ones Dave tells me he's looking for ;o)). In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. So, please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like Dave & I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the standard Roundup: they set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. When it comes to Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Mileage May Vary".

**BE CAREFUL! Connie & Carla AND New York Minute AND Taking Livesare ALL available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the correct one. And, as MikeEckman points out several posts below...Chopping Mall is available only in a MAR release. Normally, I wouldn't include this title in the RoundUp. So, use your good sound judgement here...unless, like Mike, this is a "must-have" title! ;)

--Amazon is still featuring free shipping on orders over $25. Restrictions apply.

--Best Buy (see RoundUp above) is offering up an unrated version of the Angelina Jolie vehicle “Gia”. Ads say “Get it first at Best Buy”. No other details, except a quick plot synopsis and cover art, are offered. HERE'S a link to a prior HTF discussion on the disc--including a link to a comparison of the R & NR presentations.

--Best Buy is offering $5 off the purchase of any Disney section DVD instantly, with the purchase of the new Disney Mickey’s The Three Musketeers.
-------------------------

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:

EFFECTIVE: August 17, 2004 (Studio/Titles/New SRP)

Lions Gate/Artisan

Bad Lieutenant, Blair Witch 2 ... $9.98

Bruiser, Chasing Sleep, Convent, Cube: SE, Dead Alive, The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Dracula's Curse, Leprechaun in the Hood, May, Return of the Living Dead 3 ... $14.98

Beyond Re-Animator, Cabin Fever, House of the Dead ... $19.98

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Heads up on a possible deal for Babylon 5: The Movies. Fry's website dropped their listed price down to $34.99 this weekend. With shipping ($7.04 for ground on my end), Amazon still beats them. Still, the B&M stores sometimes match the online price, making that a potential steal for those of you lucky enough to be close to one of their stores.

Thanks again Mike for all of the hard work.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City on sale DVD items:

$8.99:
Bronx Tale
Hoodlum
Donnie Brasco
Analyze This

$12.99:
Godfather
King of NY
Untouchables

$19.99:
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Johnson Family Vacation
Never Die Alone
Hidalgo
The Prince and Me
Predator SE
Scarface
Once Upon A Time In America

--------

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

2 for $15:
The Yards
The Big Hit
Fear
Donnie Brasco
Being John Malcovich
Reqium For A Dream
Waking Ned Devine
Girl, Interrupted
Original Stix
The Bone Collector
Out of Time
The Game
Married to the Mob
What Lies Beneath
Empire Two Worlds Collide
A Time to Kill
A Bronx Tale
Gotti
Dragnet
Chris Farley: Best of SNL
Pushing Tin
Entrapment
Midnight Run
Reindeer Games
Canadian Bacon
Legally Blonde
The Full Monty
Benny and Joon
Three Amigos
Back To School

$19.99:
Kill Bill 2

$14.99:
Nick and Jessica

-------

Target on sale DVD items:

2 for $11:
Tigerland
Darkest Knight
Nine Months
Airheads
From Justin to Kelly
The Truth About Cat and Dogs
The Simple Life
Woman on Top

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My Circuit City flyer has both DUEL and STIR OF ECHOES listed for $12.99.

BTW, Mike, thanks for these updates. I don't post in these threads very often, but I check them out every week.

Keep up the good work! :emoji_thumbsup:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Based on their flyer a couple of weeks ago, it's likely that Target will also have Goodfellas for $19.99.

I'll be picking up Goodfellas, Three Musketeers, and probably based on the HTF review, Here's Lucy.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had thought about the B5 movies, but with expensive sets coming (including two seasons of Farscape), I'm saving my pennies for another week.

Great job as usual Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Attention: Major revisions to Circuit City Prices in the grid!

As Tino pointed out a couple of posts above, Circuit City's flyer prices differed from circuitcity.com. In my rush to get this week's RoundUp in place, I did not have access to the Sunday flyer on Saturday (darn newspaper!). While I was out shopping last night, I found one but only checked to see what kind of special deals CC was having (none). Turns out I should have written down their prices, because I just made eleven changes to Circuit City prices in the grid.

Changes have been made to:

[c]Babylon 5: The Movies
Connie & Carla
Da Ali G Show
Duel
Godsend
Goodfellas
Lateline: Complete Series
New York Minute
Saved By the Bell: The College Years
Stir of Echoes
Taking Lives
[/c]

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I guess this means regional pricing is really starting to take hold. I used to print special notices whenever one or two prices would differ between the on-line and their sister B&M store.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I would get Duel and Goodfellas, but I currently just want to get my PS2 built up to normal, so I just taking a week or two off to get more games. Thanks anyway, Mike.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, Best Buy in Atlanta appears to have quit having their weekly flyers placed in the Sunday newspaper (3 weeks running now with no BB flyers).

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like I'll be heading to BB for the Goodfellas SE & Circuit City for the Duel SE. I'm glad I checked this thread again before heading out Tuesday, I was planning on getting them both at BB.

Thanks Mike!:emoji_thumbsup:

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Thanks to the new Circuit City price, I'll be price-matching the B5 movies at Best Buy (Best Buy is closer and I want the RewardZone points). After tax, it's less than $1 more than Amazon.com and since the B5 releases have had loose disc issues, I'd rather purchase at B&M anyway in case I have to make a return.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Pricey week for me. I'll be picking up:

Duel
Candyman SE
The Guyver
The Guyver 2
Stir of Echoes SE
Chopping Mall

I'll hold off a week or two on The Mangler, as I still need to decide if I'm going to get it with New Line's lame unrated scenes method and all.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Patrick,

I've gotten a Best Buy flyer in the AJC the last 3 weeks, but they have moved it away from the rest of the flyers. I think it was in the comics.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks