What's new

B&K dealers (1 Viewer)

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
I've done a search on yahoo for B&K and came up with a few dealers. The cheapest on a AVR507 was $2400 something.

Whos the least expensive authorized dealer you know of?

Jake S

Stunt Coordinator
suck it up and develop a nice relatiomship with a local retailer, they can be of great help in going to bat for you for free upgrades and repairs out of warranty....

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
i wont suck up $3000 !!

and closest dealer is a Tweeter about 90 miles away....how negotiable are Tweeter stores?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

In my experience, they are not very negotiable. They'll try to offer their free financing for a year or so, though. But, it doesn't hurt to try.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I can tell you that i developed a good relationship with my rep at a local Tweeter. He is now the store manager. Anything is possible.

Dan J S

Agent
If you're willing to buy used you can probably find the Ref 50 and AV125.5 for under $2000. The AVR-507 is essentially those two pieces in one box, but having the separates will allow you to upgrade one or the other down the road.

Yogi

Screenwriter
With amps, I feel used amps are the best value since amps are workhorses that will easily last a lifetime. If I was going to spend 2.4K I would go used and buy the Ref50 and the B&K 200.7 on A'gon all for about 2.5K and have a rocking separates setup that would even beat the 507 in terms of flexibility and performance.

Just MHO.

MatthewNG

Auditioning
It won't hurt, if you try negotiate price on expensive items. I just get my B&K 507 for 2500 from Sound Advice in Florida (owned by Tweeter). I used to able get some discount with Tweeter ect in Boston.

Good luck

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
There is a B&K Ref 50 and Ref 200.7 in silver for sale on this website for $3,000. The color is silver. Check out hardware for sale and you'll see it there (maybe a couple of pages down). He says mint condition...

I would buy that setup before the new 507 if you can swing the cash.

Matt_ES

Agent
I just drove 3 hours out of town to buy a 307 from a guy who was the original owner.

He settled a bill down to $1250, and so far it sounds unbelievable.

I'm still trying to figure out the crossover, EQ, and matters related to allocating frequencies to the right speakers, I know I have some educating ahead to do it right, and it still sounds great.

I wanted the 200.7/50, and couldn't find one from what my instincts told me was a scam-proof seller on Audiogon etc, for under $3000.

Keep in mind that B&K will not honor warranties from internet sellers, even though they insist they do. Even though the feedback looks great, do you want to take that chance?

One day I will find a way to get a good deal, but I'm settling on this 150Wx7.1, THX and all the good stuff. The 507 is even better, I'm sure, but I put my extra cash into some great JM Lab speakers instead.

So far I'm delighted.
Anyone know why my 4 y/o Sony DVD sounds like shit, while my digital cable sounds phenom? The rears really sing with the center and fronts, but there is virtually (almost) no sound from the rears during DVD play.

Is it because I'm using the Fiber cable for audio?
Or is my DVD player too old to process signals on this level of quality?

My dad says maybe it's the movie, but it was Kill Bill II for god's sake! That should have the ultimate sound. The Center sounds so muffled and cluttered, it's almost inaudible speach! But again, cable TV and CD's played in surround (pro-logic) sound divine. I don't even want to play it loud it's so clear! At 32, a first in my life.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Matt,

Congrats on the 307. I owned a 307 before moving to a Denon 5803 and eventually, to a Ref50,Ref200.5,Ref200.2 rig. Can't get hurt.. There's an upgrade available from B&K for your 307 to bring it up to 507/Ref50 spec. Just an FYI..

Matt_ES

Agent
Hey Chip!

Thanks, there isn't a disatisfied customer out there that I've found when it comes to B&K reviews and opinions.

What do you make of this surround issue I'm having; I know it's only been 2 movies, but how come I'm not getting anything from the rears, and the flick's all center?

I believe this guy kept the upgrades maxed out, he's a pretty serious audiophile. He had it hooked up to some refrigerator-sized Klipschorns from 1967, and they sounded amazing!

But, would an upgrade solve the problem? I would say not likely.

I don't know, I've never owned anything like piece of heaven before.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Sounds like a calibration issue to me. Have you calibrated your receiver using the internal test tones with a Rat Shack SPL meter? Set speakers levels,distance,etc..? If not, you need to go to Radio Shack, in store or online and buy one ASAP. Check the link below.

Radio Shack analog SPL meter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks