What's new

*** Official ALIEN VS. PREDATOR Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
JEEZ! If that is even close to what the movie is like, I've flip flopped again and definately won't be seeing it!

BennyD

Stunt Coordinator
If a human and a predator become buddies anytime during this movie,
I will have absolutely no respect for Anderson.

If that review is legit, the only hope for the franchise is that they get a capable director to film the inevitable sequal. Which condering the premise of an Alien loose on a predator ship could be highly entertaining, in the right hands.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator

Actually Jason, there's already a movie called Versus. Its from Japan and it is very cool.

I'm still psyched about it, as I have been for a long time now (a year or so). When i first told people about it they all seemed luke-warm to the plot of the film. but now they see the trailers on TV and just go "oh wow." Hopefully the trailers won't be the only good thing from this series.

BTW, any thought that the PG-13 is a bit of a setup to the "R" or unrated cut that will make its way to DVD?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Of course. I sure studios probably figure with certain releases to cut the movie so it gets a less restrictive rating for theaters. Then they can sell even more DVDs later on with the "R-Rated Version. Contains [insert adjective] extra footage not seen in theaters." banner.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Well, the verdict is in, so to speak. Theaters supposedly got their prints as early as yesterday (which would confirm that Fox was trying to pull one over on critics by not screening it until tonight) and tons of reactions to the film are popping up all over the internet, from Aint It Cool News, to IMDB message boards and to the various AvP fan communities. The response seems to be OVERWHELMINGLY negative. Most of us saw this coming the moment Paul WS Anderson was attached, and at this point, it would appear that he has done nothing to prove us all wrong. Here's a quote from a review:

read the whole review here: http://www.oneguysopinion.com/review.asp?ID=1366

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Alien vs. Predator" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Alien vs. Predator" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
This morning a local critic that does TV/radio/newspaper was talking about how he would have had to screen this last night in order to have a review today, so he just skipped it.

Fox obviously has little confidence in this film, they didn't even ship the prints until the last minute, making it very difficult for critics to get reviews in todays newspapers.

Too bad they didn't have this lack of confidence before hiring Paul W. S. Anderson.

Keep the reviews coming, they are even more valuable than usual given the lack of newspaper reviews.

Kami

Screenwriter
Ouch! :thumbsdown: Well, now at least I know to go in with EXTREMELY low expectations, then I just might enjoy it.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
:laugh: (from Scott Weinberg's review link above)

Scott, do you get to tell rottentomatoes.com what to use as your "one liner," or do they just pick it? I couldn't think of a better choice BTW.

Teetering as to whether I'll see this or wait for a DVD rental... or hope it's on an airplane on one of my trans-Pacific flights... or wait for TV... or not...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

Man, can't even get a movie review these days without US bashing. Guess there is no need to read further.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN are studios going to give films like this to people that actually KNOW how to make a good one?

I've been waiting, what, 10 years for this and it STINKS? BADLY?

It really solidifies what I've been saying lately - recent movies just suck. There was a time in my life when you could "sink your teeth" into a movie. Now it's all crap. Those days in the 80's and early 90's when almost every week during the summer you went to see a gem. Bleh. And the studios wonder why ticket sales drop. I'm so disappointed I can't even tell ya.

Mike

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
If all his movies suck. Why does Paul W. S. Anderson keep getting more chances? Is Hollywood that clueless? The movie fans know this guy can't direct.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

They make money. Plus, I don't think they suck. :)

One thing though about AVP, isn't this a rather lopsided pairing?

I mean, the Alien movies, especially the first two, were big hits, and have become absolute mainstream movie classics.

The Predator movies on the other hand... well the first one is normally referred to as being good "for being an Arnold movie" and the second one is normally trashed by everyone, even fans of the first one (I happen to like the second one though). It seems that the general public couldn't care less about a Predator movie, while new Aliens movie would have been a much safer bet.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks